Your opinion about the new updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion about the new updates

Hey ther i was wondering what yo thought about the new updates that where relesead. What i think it s great are the teleports you can now travel faster to the action and dont have to push some1 off the teleport to get you on it . The dispencers are great to but i m thinking about how you now going to kill an engi if hes bunker himself in and now that the metal comes so fast the only way to kill him will be an ubercharge. So in my opinion the dispencer is a bit to overpowered. And speaking about the spy watch this vid yourself [media]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=IseVSY-X8nA[/media]

Re: Your opinion about the new updates

Things got overall more fun.

Spies can do their job easier.

Engineers have to think more strategically.

Same with the Demoman, who now have to hide their stickies.

Comment

DAMN SPIES STEALING ALL MY AMMO D:

Nah but I actually really like it. Spies have gotten a big buff with this and engis have a little bit of more stuff to jerk around with (giving me enough time to destroy his sentry)

Nothing really big I think but overall a good update

Comment

I have yet to try it... this means I actually might play Spy for more than one round, ever!

Comment

The update is full of win. The cool part is ive heard all (at least most) of these on forums, making valve the only company to pay attention to its customer base. The main reason why valve is my #1 favorite developer of all time

Comment

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Looks :awesome

Comment

Since Spy is pretty much the only class I really play this update is really good. Now I don't have to wait around, making sure the enemy doesn't see me while my cloak recharges. The engineer stuff is good too. Now that the dispensers heal pretty much as fast as the medic does then I can heal and attack faster.

I'm glad they are updating the scout next, since scout is probably my second favorite class (next to spy, of course), although it will be hard to spy since everybody will be playing scout to get the achievements, it will be hard to back stab them.

Overall, good update.

Comment

I've only played a little bit, but found as an engineer it is better to level up your sentry before the dispenser. Having a level 2/3 sentry up quickly is crucial. Also, I only level up teleporters when I die, and am brought back to the spawn point.

Comment

I find the update excellent, while most of the changes look minor on the surface, they've sparked some big changes:

-Level 2/3 teles are an offensive engi's dream. Setting one up a couple points back can result in a major incursion into the other teams territory.

-All the level 3 buildables have the same hp. Meaning a lvl 3 dispenser is just as hard to sap/destroy as a lvl 3 sentry. A maxed out engi nest isn't just a buildable farm anymore, it a verifiable fortress. (Lamest pun ever! )

-The demo nerf, while slight, nixes the common "sticky carpet a point/payload track" tactic.

-Spies are now able to more easily sneak behind enemy lines. In some cases it's possible to go from base to base completely cloaked. This make those new tele entrances just as vulnerable as exits. (If either side gets got, the tele reverts back to lvl 1)

Overall, I like it, make the job of engi much more complicated and strategic (not that it wasn't already), and makes spy much more of a threat outside the normal hideouts. I'm also glad the demo got this change, instead of a full-on sticky nerf. I disagree with the people that say demo stickies are OP, though I play scout mostly (my update prayers are answered!), so demos aren't too much trouble for me.

Comment

the update for some reason has made the game much more fun!

and are I the only one that can see that the gfx are better?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaazzy View Post
                      maybe... they seem a bit more colourfull ever so slightly.

Comment

The new updates are great. Spies are better just run around cloaked picking up ammo, and then teleporting 3 times faster is great. There is no down side as of yet, but i still haven't noticed the new thing with people jumping in water.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaazzy View Post
                          Valve were going to update the TF2 engine a bit for the scout update, maybe they changed one or two things already.

Comment

very good update for the spy, he really needed some love, now he can replenish cloak he can be much more active and do a lot more, had loads of fun going between ammo crates, even beat my record for stabs in a round (got 18 now)

but there seems to be a lot of failstabs going on

liked the engi change as well, makes him more useful and the lvl 3 buildings really make a difference

demo change was slight but doesn't stop him from wtfkapowning everything else

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              but there seems to be a lot of failstabs going on
                              I'd have to agree. Not too bad but I've had a few stabs miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X