single player and aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single player and aircraft

i wanted to practice flying but it doesn't seem like i can do this in single player. do i have to go online and show off my noob flying skills to get acquainted or what?

Re: single player and aircraft

You need to play on Operation Clean Sweep

Comment

Or you can start a local server if you just want to practice your maneuverability skills.

Comment

Download the BF2 singleplayer mod to access all the maps in SP mode. It'll also allow to change bot skill and numbers with a batch file.

Comment

you can always join a server with less than 5 ppl. that way you may get some PVP in at no cost to your stats. So not only will you gain experience, but you may possibly learn a few tips and tricks from someone else.

lol reminds me of my first time taking off in an attack chopper, the whole 5 second of it lol - how do i fly this thing? *engine powering up* when is this going to get off the grnd? *take off* holly shlt! how the f do i fly this thing!?!? *into a building*

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
            you can always join a server with less than 5 ppl. that way you may get some PVP in at no cost to your stats. So not only will you gain experience, but you may possibly learn a few tips and tricks from someone else.

lol reminds me of my first time taking off in an attack chopper, the whole 5 second of it lol - how do i fly this thing? *engine powering up* when is this going to get off the grnd? *take off* holly shlt! how the f do i fly this thing!?!? *into a building*
            Yeah... amazing how things don't change amirite?

Comment

Ohhhh 2005, how I miss you so.
              :laugh:

Comment

I learnt on the Wake airshow mod.

Comment

thanks for the replies, i'll try out operation clean sweep first. just odd that it won't let me play all the big maps with all the aircraft on single player.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                    thanks for the replies, i'll try out operation clean sweep first. just odd that it won't let me play all the big maps with all the aircraft on single player.
                    Yeah they really put no effort whatsoever into making the singleplayer portion of the game. That's ok, though, AIX makes up for it (:

Comment

Also you can download the sandbox mod and that allows you not only to play the big maps in single player but also spawn any plane you want.. But no enemies to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                        Yeah... amazing how things don't change amirite?
                        ya fo real i love to just ram us cuz i have better chances killing someone by ramming a tree than trying to fly with you as a gunner.

Comment

ya fo real i love to just ram us cuz i have better chances killing someone by ramming a tree than trying to fly with you as a gunner.
                          :cry:

but at least you don't have to fly with my brother
                          we play tonight?

Comment

AIX is pretty decent, some of the ai pilots are actually not bad if your not paying too much attention.

although for me all the planes have really buggy missiles in the mod like you will visually see missile hits but no kills. Still teaches you to use your cannons =p

also AIX is fun, especially co-op although some of the best maps are over too quick if there are enough humans on.

Comment

I learned to fly fixed wing aircraft in AIX and I highly recommend it for rookie pilots.

Comment

Working...
                              X