No announcement yet.

is this mod going to take off? or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this mod going to take off? or not?

ive being playing this mod on gsa and now we have it on !GuN!
    i absolutely luv it . for me its the new bf3 prolly better since i know even if bf3 is released , it will be buggy as hell.
    what i dont get is why hasnt aix taken off in oz? gsa only gets 3-8 people max . and theres really no other local server.
    gun will have it soon ,there working on it. but it seems like everyones trying it then going back to bf2 vanilla?

is it becuase of the bots? well if more people play then we dont need bots. ive played it without bots on usa servers because there full.

ive been hearing for a while now , how "we need more maps more weapons ,new hardware etc and when is bf3 coming out were bored with bf2".

well i think this is the bf3 it wont get better than this for online play.
    please try it out and give it a chance.
    in other words im sick of playing on usa servers with high ping lol :thumbsup:

Re: is this mod going to take off? or not?

it seems like everyones trying it then going back to bf2 vanilla? is it becuase of the bots? well if more people play then we dont need bots.
    it's geared for SP/co-op play with bots, and is likely to be REALLY unbalanced if played as purely MP (never tried it myself, but i have heard reports confirming my suspicions)

we've had a few people ask that we adjust it for MP usage, but that would wreck the SP/co-op side of it, and seeing as i play almost 100% SP, there is very little incentive to do so - not to mention that almost every mod out there is aimed at MP, so we don't feel real guilty about making our own mod that caters mostly to our own little corner of the pie

either in pure SP, or with a few human friends in a small army facing a larger 100% bot army - that's the way we imagined most people would be playing AIX. obviously there's no law against playing it as MP, but many human players tend to baserape and spawnkill in a way that bots do not, which might ruin the other players' gaming experience...

just my 2c.

Comment

actually i dont mind the bots . they can be just as challenging as mp.
      but it still would be good to have more than just few players on .
      regardless of the lack of players, its my favourite game atm . i wont be going back to bf2 lol
      some of those jets are just amazing.

i havnt tried it , but can players swap to the other team?
      it would be good to have both players and bots on each side.

Comment

not 100% sure, but i think it's dependant on each server admin and the settings they chose for their server. during my very few plays online, i have been kicked over to the other team on occasion (much to my disgust) while on other servers i have not.

Comment

Working...
        X