KillCam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KillCam

i beleive there is something up with this game in terms of hitboxes and where people actually are and when they are actually doing things compared to how you are seeing it. sometimes i will get killed in a certain situation where i come around a corner and am killed very quickly even though i immediately saw and started firing at the threat. ill watch the killcam and it really does seem like i come around the corner and am in front of them for MUCH longer than how i had percieved it on my side. like at least .5 seconds to 1 second this is a pretty large amount of time. hit registry is always very consistent and easy in this game but something is up where people and where they are is slightly out of phase sometimes from where you are actually viewing it.

Re: KillCam

You can't go by killcam in terms of detailed movements/timing in this game.

As explained by IW, killcam is only a close representation of what happened - who killed whom, how, and where it happened on the map. But the fine details and timing is just an approximation, so that the computer/server doesn't have to store massive amounts of data.

It's because of this inaccuracy that a lot of people cry "cheat" when they see what happened in the killcam. It's meant more for entertainment - it's not like an accurate instant replay in sports.

Comment

yeah recently ive been getting alot of hackusations from people because i do something simple like listen for footsteps and then bunnyhop around a corner scoped and shooting someone. but still ive had things happen sometimes where ill get shot and killed by some dude that is behind a truck or object and then when i watch the killcam hes not even there at all hes come out from cover and is shooting me out in the open slightly or something stupid like that

Comment

Yeah I get the exact same thing happen ALOT, I can't honestly believe it's just dodgy killcam.I get killed even if I know where the target is and come around already shooting in the targets direction, yet they still manage to kill me. I think it may just be a bit of lag but I can't figure out why i'm lagging because all the servers I play on are 40-60 ping. Another thing that I noticed is if I let a few shots of like a second before I die, Those shots wont be apparent on killcam.. As whiskey said Killcam may not be perfectly accurate but surely it would notice a seconds worth of fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
          You can't go by killcam in terms of detailed
          It's because of this inaccuracy that a lot of people cry "cheat" when they see what happened in the killcam. It's meant more for entertainment - it's not like an accurate instant replay in sports.
          It happens.

Comment

Working...
          X