im back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im back!

well, i was bored today, so i popped in my BF2142 disk... and.....
    i liked it. so im starting to play again. i havent played this game since May of last year, when =L13= broke up.
    so, how are things around here? i notice an absence of my favorite servers- or im just not looking long enough.
    any news on a patch? too lazy to go through previous pages of posts....

anyhow, i am back!

EDIT: also, did they get the stats working for wake and shingle yet?

Re: im back!

Someone posted a quote from an alleged e-mail that claims there's going to be another patch.

I called shenanigans though. Didn't look real, imo.

Comment

Welcome back. We still have our servers up. The Camp Gib, a 30 man moving titan server, and one that we run a variety of maps on. Right now it we are running Shingle and Tunis. To my knowledge they did fix the stat tracking on Shingle and Wake, although there aren't many that run Wake.

Comment

does anyone have a 24/7 camp g server with 36 people? i use that map to get my skills back up- which arent that bad, b/c of the 10 minutes i spent in one game, i got 10 kills and 8 deaths.

Comment

You probably won't see many of those. 33 players and up needs 8 people to start it, which for some reason it is really hard to get those last two players. So, if they are going over 32 player count, most will go all the way to 48 or higher.

US Servers playing Camp Gibraltar:

Comment

Seriously? I remember when you got this game. Then you quit just a few months later. I knew you would be back. They always come back...

Comment

lol. i only quit really becasue of my clan.
              i got it on march 3rd, 2008. "quit" on August 17th, 2008.

but yes, i am back... hopefully for good.

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
                lol. i only quit really becasue of my clan.
                i got it on march 3rd, 2008. "quit" on August 17th, 2008.

but yes, i am back... hopefully for good.
                That's a pretty short amount of time.

I started in January/February 2007 and played steady for probably a year without stopping more than 2 weeks at a time, except maybe once when I took a little over a month off. Then I've only played intermittently since then. Maybe for a month or two, then stopping for at least the same amount of time or more.

Usually that was accompanied by less time on TGN (except when I was still playing TF2 ), which is way some of the newer folk don't recognize me sometimes.

Comment

I've been playing it regularly since Nov 2006. But then that is because of the guys that I game with and we have in TS. It is always fun. I imagine if those guys quit I would probably move on to some other game too, it's more about who you are gaming with than the game you are playing for me.

Comment

ditto on post above nov 06, i remember riding in the car home reading the manual to my early christmas present

i also remember playingon like 20 fps

ahh good times, great game over 2000 hours of my life and not a single 1 wasted !!

Comment

chris! what happened to melane (sp?) slade in your sig?!

Comment

well , we had a little falling out ya see, she was just too clingy, wouldn't leave me alone i had to get rid of her + her cooking is rubbish

^^

welcome back btw mate

Comment

sup Hooah i stopped playing when L13 broke up too

but i'm back too

the Puppy Puncher servers seem really good - good pings, usually well populated.

if you get in another clan let me know, i'll join ya :salute:

Comment

Working...
                          X