Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea/help/info?

Hi Guys

Im Having the same prob that Iv had since day 1 if I play on a populated server the game seems to lag/chugs (very little), but If I play on a server that is empty its like water on glass very very smooth would any of you guys know or have some Ideas what it could be or how I can get it to run more smooth or smoother in populated servers?

Thank for your time.:salute:

Re: Any idea/help/info?

Does this happen with other games? Good ping on the servers? What is your internet speed?

My default answers:
    1. Clean out your windows temp directories.
    2. Scandisk and defrag your hard drive.
    3. Turn off antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
    4. Make sure your drivers are up to date.
    5. Turn off unnecessary programs. (XFire does this to me, so I turn it off when playing)

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
      Does this happen with other games? Good ping on the servers? What is your internet speed?

My default answers:
      1. Clean out your windows temp directories.
      2. Scandisk and defrag your hard drive.
      3. Turn off antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
      4. Make sure your drivers are up to date.
      5. Turn off unnecessary programs. (XFire does this to me, so I turn it off when playing)

Crunch
      with other games: No.
      Pigs: high 30, low 50.
      high speed.

Comment

I would try out the other things then. Again, turning of AV tends to fix a lot of weird issues like that. Big problem in CoD4 when an airstrike came in.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
          I would try out the other things then. Again, turning of AV tends to fix a lot of weird issues like that. Big problem in CoD4 when an airstrike came in.

Crunch
          What other thing would you think are unnecessary programs maybe things that I can turn off and leave off, would make a happyer system! maybe its just the collectors edition maybe after the next patch things will clear-up!? I hope! and its not like Im running the MP on max my res is only at 1280x1024 maybe I should try it at 1152x864( wounder if I would see a big diff in eye candy if I lowered it?)

Comment

OK I think I got it its seems to be almost 100% smooth now, It could have been 1 of 2 things I up-dated my audo driver or/and I installed the DirectX9 Runtime thingy and the game is much very much better. thank you.:salute:

Comment

Youre welcome.

What I meant by unnecessary are things like Quicktime, iTunes, Google desktop, MSN, Yahoo Messanger. Programs not needed to run the game in any way, but take up system resources.

When I play everything is turned off but the game and Teamspeak. I get better ping results and smooth gameplay. A lot of programs nowaday take not only computer resources but bandwidth, when they check in to their motherships.

Crunch

Comment

It was said on the CoD main site that to also trr to installing this:

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

But I have no idea what to do I have to put it some where but where I have no idea, I put it in a Dummy file to see what it was then I just deletsed it, it askes you to unzip/extracted but I don't know where to it doesn't say, any idea's any 1? what is it?
                :salute:

Comment

That DirectX Redist, - it's basically a different version of DirectX... it's slightly modified/bug fix/beta type patch - something like that... It's a .exe? So you should be able to just run the file and it'll install/extract to where it's meant to go... if it asks you where to put it, then it would go where the DirectX files normally go (which err I'm not sure right now, I'll have to check but I've got dinner so I'll be on later, if I don't forget about this post lol)

Comment

Thanks DaN

Ya tryed again and it says needs a location to extract file, I dodn't get it does say EXE?:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny View Post
                      Thanks DaN

Ya tryed again and it says needs a location to extract file, I dodn't get it does say EXE?:salute:
                      Zip archives can be made selfextracting, which result in an .exe

On the page you linked there is also a link to DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, maybe you should try that?

Comment

Working...
                      X