2nd Chance Revive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Chance Revive?

I've started to use the 2nd Chance Perk and have yet to figure out how to revive a fallen teammate.

I thought the "USE" key (H) should do the trick but it appears this only switches out weapons.

Re: 2nd Chance Revive?

F is the default key. You go to them like you were planting a bomb and in about 3 seconds they are back up.

Maybe its 5, but its not very fast.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

At least in my view it needs to be a bit faster. Few people even bother to go for the revives, especially since most of the time it would expose them to enemy fire to get to the downed player, and by then they've tapped out.

Comment

I think the revive should be instant.

Comment

Yea like bf2 shock pad:thumbsup:

Comment

Difference is only 3 people on the server ever use it

Comment

I have been revived a couple times. It can be helpful on the 1 death and your out servers.

So I take it that you just crouch and hold down the F key? I guess I just haven't seen the indicator that I'm doing it correctly. I think what I end up just switching the dead players weapon which also is F.

Comment

The dead player must be using Second Chance too, otherwise you cant revive them.

Comment

1. Ensure downed player is also using Second Chance, and in a second chance situation as well.
                  2. Run up and point towards the player.
                  3. Hold down F.
                  4. ???
                  5. PROFIT

Comment

I really like Second chance, grated not many people use it but i enjoy it. I find that once you've revived someone once, they will stick to you like glue and return the favour.

It's a good way of building up a friends list of people who like teamwork lol.

Comment

Revives don't give a whole lot of points and take a while, exposed to enemy fire, to accomplish. It's no wonder most people don't do it often. I try to revive a lot but that's because I'm still stuck in medic whore mode from BF.

Comment

In regular mode you see a icon on the map and a white REVIVE flag. You know you are reviving correctly because your soldier will put up his gun and pull out a morphine needle.

I like second chance just to shoot people another time The problem I have with reviving is people have gotten used to not being revived, so they kill themselves. I usually type to my team that I will revive if you stay alive or close to me. That usually gets a few people who are willing to be patient

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I only kill myself if I don't have a line of sight on enemies. With my magnum I can usually get at least one kill in Second Chance. Once I got 5 kills while lying on the ground. That gave me enough to unleash the hounds once I spawned.
                          I've heard the animation is bugged so you are invincible for a second in Second Chance. I think that's just an excuse by sniper admins who don't like it when you fall behind cover, because whenever someone is right up on me they can usually finish me off while I'm falling into SC before I even get a shot off.

Comment

Second chace is great. My clan and I use it on pub server but in normal mod and we run around together, this way if one guy goes down we take him out so the guy can't put that extra bullet into our guy.

Works wonders!

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
                              I've heard the animation is bugged so you are invincible for a second in Second Chance. I think that's just an excuse by sniper admins
                              No, COD4 had this issue as well with Last Stand. It's not 1 entire second, but it is a fraction of a second as soon as you shoot your opponent and they begin to transition into Last Stand/Second Chance. You can keep shooting them on the way down, and even when they are on the ground, and it won't hurt them. A good player can take out the person who shot them at close range by spamming the pistol, because there is that split second of invincibility.

I wouldn't call it a "bug", because IW intended it that way otherwise players wouldn't go into LS as much. But it does annoy a lot of people, again, mostly at very close range.

Second Chance is a good idea, but not enough people use it because it requires both players to have it enabled. That's too bad, as it can be really effective in objective game-types if several team-mates are using it to lower the number of kills, and reduce wait times between spawns. I sometimes hear people in the voice comms asking if anyone has SC on, probably because they want to use it too, but usually no one answers "yes" to the question.

Comment

Working...
                              X