Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats this whole thing about 'camping'

it seems to be an insult in this game.

just wondering if you guys have any ((opinions)) on this and ((why)).

its very important that you explain your logic in your opinion.:|:

i realize that in any game anything that can be applied in a specific situation and be effective can be called noobish or lame by the person that is killed but im just wondering what you think about this specific tactic that is used in this game.

Re: whats this whole thing about 'camping'

I don't think people have soo much of a problem with "campers" that camp in a certain spot (such as the rooftop in Backlot) and move around protecting their spot, but the people who will wedge themselves into a corner with an LMG. Doesn't really bother me too much but they must get bored just sitting their waiting, Though when you're playing for the stats I guess that's what you have to do if you suck at running and gunning.

Comment

meh only place you'll see people complaining about campers is in those 64 man noob servers where the average skill level is about relative to a person with no arms and plays with their nose.
      Anyone with half a brain can deal with a "camper".

Comment

I dont know. It seems its just another word thrown around with no one fully understanding it. People just want to complain. Prime example was I was in Airfield and killed someone, circled to the other side of the map and killed the same guy and he called me, quote, "Camping whore". So in this instance it was just stupidity.

As for "camping" I personally think its a valid tactic that used to be called "defense". Ive lost many games because everyone ran around and no one stayed back to stop the other team.

As for someone actually camping a corner; Most the time you know where they are now and you can kill them by shooting through the wall or throwing some type of explosive at them. Once you know someone "camps" you can check your corners and usually get them first.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

lol what about the LMG campers on killhouse who just lay and spray through the walls xD they're funneh..

CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            I dont know. It seems its just another word thrown around with no one fully understanding it. People just want to complain. Prime example was I was in Airfield and killed someone, circled to the other side of the map and killed the same guy and he called me, quote, "Camping whore". So in this instance it was just stupidity.
            Crunch
            Very true.

Jake

Comment

You are subject to being called a "camping whore" if the following conditions apply:
              You shoot a guy from the same spot more than once.
              You wait for a guy to peak instead of peaking him.

That's about it. The fact that you are on the "defense" end of the kill is enough to get you yelled at.

I don't know why, I think it's silly.

Comment

Its what bad kids cry about when they get killed, just sayin'.

Comment

Kyle, you're a camping noob, stfu.
                  lol <3

Anyways, I don't complain about campers much, but I do hate it when I come around a corner only to be sprayed by an RPD and set off 2 claymores. Even if i do survive by some heavenly miracle, I'll normally get blown up by that guy's martyrdom. That's what I define as camping - literally locking yourself in a room or corner just watching the entrance.

Pity kids buy the game just to do that.

Comment

I think what annoys people more is spawn camping, though, because there's no way to combat it, and it isn't a legitimate strategy either.

Comment

Originally posted by jake___ View Post
                      I think what annoys people more is spawn camping, though, because there's no way to combat it, and it isn't a legitimate strategy either.
                      That can be true. You have to be fast to fight your way out of that. If it wasnt for the fact it would probably be abused, it would be nice to have spawn protection. That would probably stop most of it.

I guess what you could do is change teams, go behind the person that is camping, drop a grenade, and change teams again.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Spawn protection would be VERY useful.

Comment

with cod4's dodgy spawn locations spawn protection would suck!! I couldn't possibly count the amount of times i have been spawned directly behind a stronghold of enemy personnel.

Comment

CoD4 spawns are better than those in CoD5, that's for sure.

Anyways, spawn protection would be useful if done thoughtfully and properly. It should only last a second or two, and only be active until you zoom/shoot/nade/etc. - the protection could last a few seconds longer for nades/airstrikes/helicopters, but other than that it should go away pretty quickly. This would eliminate the spawn campers (or at least deter them) but the corner/door campers would still [sadly] remain.

Comment

There is good camping and bad camping.

Good camping is if you're playing defense in S&D and manage to kill a few guys trying to plant. I always laugh when I get called a camper for doing that. Am I supposed to let them plant without disturbing or what? I can understand if they think it's annoying but jeez

Bad camping is the kind that goes on in 99% of TDM HC servers with about 16+ players. Nobody moves, and everyone watches the little corner they're sitting in. If you try to do anything else than just sit still and pick off people from a distance you're dead. Boooring.

Bad camping is also when you're playing S&D Crash on offense... and immediately half your team switch to sniper + iron lungs and run up the little house to the right. We lose round after round but they are too thick to realise that they're just easy picks for the other teams nades. If you have some sort of teamspeak/ventrilo commo going on one sniper there might be useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X