Frustrating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating...

Allright, am I the only one out there that thinks the fact that certain setting/drivers all need to be perfectly in sync with the ones that World at War specifically requires ridiculous?

Never have I had this problem in any game before, why now? CoD2, CoD4, all Valve games, all the Battlefields have not ever required your drivers and settings be perfectly in line with very specific guidelines. Its like searching for a needle in a haystack, any small setting thats changed could cause your game not to work, am I right? Ridiculous...

All my drivers are up to date (to my knowledge) as I have installed new drivers on everything within the past two days or so. The ONLY way I can get the game to start up at all, is to completely disable my soundcard... and I would prefer to play this game with sound. Even then it does not load up consistently, in fact, it decides to load at random. What on earth causes something like this? Do my settings flucuate on their own? Do new drivers come out every hour?

Sometimes my game doesn't start and I get the standard windows error message, or I get the "unhandled exception caught" error.

Anyone think they can help me out?

Re: Frustrating...

Um... CoD:WaW uses the same graphics and physics engine as CoD4, so there aren't any more strict driver guidelines that you talk about.

Firstly, what sound card do you have?

Comment

Well then it should work shouldn't it? CoD4 works totally fine.

I'm using a Creative Audigy SE.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        Well then it should work shouldn't it? CoD4 works totally fine.
        I wish that was the case... When I installed the WaW beta, it didn't work for me. When I got CoD4, it didn't work for me the first time, but then I found the answer by just renaming a file and then it worked. Oh well...

Comment

What OS are you running?

I would go through your system and make sure you have the latest drivers for the following:
          Chipset
          Video
          Soundcard
          NIC

Just double check to make sure. Also it may be time to clean up the system some such as cleaning out your temp directories, scandisk/defrag the harddrive. If your savvy enough, even clean up the registry. You might also try turning off programs before starting up the game to help narrow down issues. Streamline your system as much as possible to see what happens. Maybe you have a conflict somewhere.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Just cleaned up my registry... defragged a week or so ago. I'll try updating everything... again.

Comment

You dont have to update everything, just check and see. People forget about little things like chipset drivers and NICs. All anyone thinks about are video and sound drivers. I know one person that did a BIOS update to get a game working right. Dont ask me how that made a difference, but he swears by it to this day.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

You probably already know the game's system requirements but I guess this site could help a bit:
                Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

Just pick WaW from the game list. You probably know about this site anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X