Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A game worth the money

This is not a troll.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all the people who made this game. It is such a strong feeling which I have never had in all previous versions of COD is because the graphics engine of this version is extra ordinarily realistic. Plus the fact that I do not experience any motion sickness which I had with previous versions, I must say this version is outstanding.

The maps are also very thoughtfully done. Despite my system is now a legacy Pentium D 945 class, still I can enjoy playable framerates.

I do not regret buying this game!

Re: A game worth the money

Its the same engine as cod4 ;o

Comment

It is a very good game. There are some issues to work out, but they can be fixed or worked around.

This game is much more dynamic in its options and features than CoD4 was, as far as server configs go.

I personally love the sounds, though it shows how people are just not ready for real sounds in a game. That was always such a debate and everyone wanted actual sounds and now a game came out with that and all you hear is how the sounds are broke. I do think you should be able to turn off the occlusion.

Im pretty happy with it as well. I am surprised it isnt doing as well in sales. I didnt think it would beat CoD4, but I thought it would be stronger than what it is. Makes me wonder how CoD6 will be.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Jusr curious, what kind of hardware you are using. I found when I max'd out AF, the game is laggy. I wonder if I need to upgrade to a new rig.

Comment

Intel QuadCore Q6600 2.6 overclocked to 3.0Ghz
          4GB Ram 5-5-5-15 Crucial Dominator
          eVGA 8800 GTS 512
          Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
          Asus P5E Motherboard
          Seagate RAID 0 SATA drives.

The sound wasnt the best when I first played the game. I upgraded the drivers then I had to tweak the windows settings to figure out how it worked with the game. I did turn my Antialiasing off and get 100 to 125 on FPS. I dont know what I get with it on.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            It is a very good game. There are some issues to work out, but they can be fixed or worked around.

This game is much more dynamic in its options and features than CoD4 was, as far as server configs go.

I personally love the sounds, though it shows how people are just not ready for real sounds in a game. That was always such a debate and everyone wanted actual sounds and now a game came out with that and all you hear is how the sounds are broke. I do think you should be able to turn off the occlusion.

Im pretty happy with it as well. I am surprised it isnt doing as well in sales. I didnt think it would beat CoD4, but I thought it would be stronger than what it is. Makes me wonder how CoD6 will be.

Crunch
            the Thompson sounds like a pee shooter. The gun shoots a .45 pistol round out of a short barrel which would make one hell of a raucous. I know the sounds would be annoying if they were all loud and obnoxious, but they dont even sound powerful at all, its pathetic.

Comment

I love this game as well. I think the sounds and spawn points need fixing though.

Comment

Originally posted by mojoman0
                the Thompson sounds like a pee shooter. The gun shoots a .45 pistol round out of a short barrel which would make one hell of a raucous. I know the sounds would be annoying if they were all loud and obnoxious, but they dont even sound powerful at all, its pathetic.
                They sound loud to me and you are correct if they were full power, we would all be deaf by now. There has to be a balance. Treyarch and the dev team said over and over and over that they were going for realism, but they do have to draw a line at deafness.

Crunch

Comment

Pfft.. Why is this game getting soo much praise? Don't get me wrong I like it but it's no different to CoD4 aside from the fact it's WW2... I think CoD4's Graphics are the exact same if not a little better than WaW's.. BUT i have only played it on PS3, Maybe it's a bit better on PC?

P.S. I do love the gore though.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

Crunch
                    I agree, its a good game, but the sounds are far from realistic. I've shot guns the same calibre as many of the COD5 guns and they are MUCH lounder IRL, even with earplugs in. The weapon sounds are good, but they are waaaaayyy too low.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^= View Post
                      Pfft.. Why is this game getting soo much praise? Don't get me wrong I like it but it's no different to CoD4 aside from the fact it's WW2
                      That's a common 1st impression by new players, but the more people play it, the more people are realizing that it plays differently than COD4 in many ways. And a lot of the things that many people hated about COD4 are improved/toned down in COD:WW.

It's not perfect, and there are some annoying bugs/issues that could use patching, but a lot of people (myself included) are enjoying it much more than COD4. And we don't even have custom content yet...once that gets sorted out, I'd expect things to get even better with new maps, new modes (eg. Base Assault), and more vehicles.

And yes, if you played COD4 on PC, then comparing the PS3 version of COD:WW to it doesn't make much sense. You have to compare apples to apples.

Comment

I've bought it just for a few days. One thing I have never seen in all previous version of COD is that are quite a few servers which plays strategies. Quite frankly, I am not very interseted in TeamDeathMatch. And playing stratgy is really great, especially there is no bunny jump that they have in Battlefiled.

Comment

I think I'll get my money's worth with some more zombie mods/maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                            if you played COD4 on PC, then comparing the PS3 version of COD:WW to it doesn't make much sense. You have to compare apples to apples.
                            The only reason I made that comparison is because CoD4 wasn't much different on pc as to console..

I just think they should have made the maps a bit bigger... They once again seem too small..

I also think all the great rumours and hype that lead up to its release kinda set everyone's expectations up for disappointment, atleast that's what happened in my case.. I was expecting big maps and vehicles and instead got something that imo is VERY similar to CoD4.. Either way it's still a brilliant game and well worth the money.

Comment

The guns sound ridiculous, except the shotty. Even the MG42 sounds like a water gun. Funny enough they sound much better in Kill cam?

Comment

Working...
                              X