Punkbuster Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster Problem

When i join a server I can play for a few minutes then suddenly the game freezes up and I go back to the menu.

The box pops up saying just Punkbuster at the top, I don't get any messages ingame when it's kicking me it just freezes up.

I have tried reinstalling Punkbuster and made sure I have all the latest updates. PnkbstrA and B are both running as administrator as well as BF2142.

I'm now out of ideas as to what to do. This was working fine until last week.

Can anyone help?

Re: Punkbuster Problem

Originally posted by tD II MannioN View Post
    When i join a server I can play for a few minutes then suddenly the game freezes up and I go back to the menu.

The box pops up saying just Punkbuster at the top, I don't get any messages ingame when it's kicking me it just freezes up.

I have tried reinstalling Punkbuster and made sure I have all the latest updates. PnkbstrA and B are both running as administrator as well as BF2142.

I'm now out of ideas as to what to do. This was working fine until last week.

Can anyone help?
    You need to get a friend/clanmate to open the console when you've been kicked and find out why, that'll give us better indication on how to help

Comment

but if you have no friends there is a file which records all your punkbuster ban reasons

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\pb\pbcl.txt

[11.14.2008 18:25:30] KICKING!!! Rustyb0t Chris--my--azz for CHEATING --> AIMBOT" "" [Admin Decision]

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY for *** admins

Comment

lol i just checked the file but it has a maximum size of 9 kb(or something). this doesnt show up all my bans(even bans i have recorded don't show up there, it starts with me 3 weeks ago(pb issuis ftl))

Comment

I'm getting the same problems too with Pb kicking me with out a explanation and i do have a up to date Pb client and im running it as a administartor

Comment

press ` ingame to see why you get kicked.
            try to reinstal punkbuster if updating doesnt help. to do so do:
            1 manually uninstal pb
            2 reboot
            3 reinstal pb.
            this should fix all your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
              press ` ingame to see why you get kicked.
              try to reinstal punkbuster if updating doesnt help. to do so do:
              1 manually uninstal pb
              2 reboot
              3 reinstal pb.
              this should fix all your problems.
              best solution.

:nod:

Comment

Working...
              X