Weapons Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons Chart?

I am curious whether there might be a CoD WaW Weapons Chart out there?

I have the strategy guide which does somewhat compare weapons. However it is a bit misleading in my opinion. There are several places where this guide suggests the best weapons in a class but the chart doesn't neccessarily agree with what they say.

In the strategy guide for Battlefield 2 they actually charted with numbers the effectiveness of the weapons in many different categories which was very helpful in determining which weapons to unlock and or use.

Based on the style of play a person has there has to be some weapon which is the best choice for firing at the hip, there has to be a best weapon for firing in prone, there has to be a best weapon when adding different perks, etc...

Re: Weapons Chart?

Sure see attachment

I basically converted the weapon files into one csv file, then removed all the other weapons (gas weapons: flamethrower, nade weapons: like nade/smoke, projectile weapons: like bazooka, gl) - so this csv file only contains the bullet weapons!

It's a csv file (comma seperated file) and you may be like "woah theres soo many different columns" - well alot of them you won't need and can delete them for example the 2nd column, or the sound ones etc.

Use Excel or a similar program to view it...

Comment

what is your file??

Comment

Wow, there is definately a ton of data in the weapon configurations.

This came up very well in Excel.

You do almost need a decoder for the many column headings.

Thank you for this information!

Comment

I can do another one when I'm not busy, by splitting the sheet up into various sheets, grouping the time stuff together, removing the sound stuff/skin/anim/model since those won't be needed, then having one for the damages and location multipliers... but I would need time to do that which I don't really have at the moment hence why I just zipped up the csv for ya hehe...

If you have the Mod Tools, then you can load up Asset Manager, then load up the weaponsettings_mp.gdt, on the left, click on 'bullet_weapon' or similar then it'll show all the bullet weapons, then select one, then in the middle/main part it will have all the boxes where you can edit the values that you see in each row. Just mouse hover over various boxes and you will be able to find out what they are used for (gives a short description about that part, e.g. locHead would say something like 'multiplier for location: head')

Comment

Thanks. While we are waiting for more structured data, I created a quick jpg of what seemed like the important columns. A shame the ECP is down, it would have been a great place to create these tables.

Comment

I am looking at the numbers and am trying to understand them in relative terms.

I have wondered about the range values. I initially thought this number was in Meters but that would mean that most weapons could just about reach accross the map. Yesterday I noticed a post which someone listed the MP40 silencer reaching min damage range at 25 Meters.

Unsilenced reaches min dmg at 25 meters (the distance an old lady could throw a chair with a running start and good hip rotation). Silenced just hits it sooner. They do the same dmg after 25 m, obviously

The chart lists the corresponding distance as 350. This is a strange correlation. Would this mean I could divide all the ranges by 14 to get the correct range in Meters?

There is another value which would be meaningful to me that is weapon recoil. From the chart I downloaded from =DaN= I believe that the values for recoil would be Ads Kick Pitch Max, Ads Kick Pitch Min, Ads Kick Yaw Max and Ads Kick Yaw Min. For the MP40 these numbers in order would be 104, -44, -119, 104. Is there a way that I could understand the relative error amount through these numbers?

I plan on installing the Mod Tools to see if there is any more information I can gather from the weapon settings.

Comment

1 unit value in CoD2, CoD4 and CoD:WaW is equal to 1 inch in real life... or at least thats what it's supposed to be... (I'm assuming they are all equal since you can use the same map source in each one without having to resize any geometry therefore same scale for each game whereas CoD1 was like 1 unit to 2 inchs or something weird)

The negative / positive numbers refer to a sort of X/Y graph... whereby, Pitch Max would be the Y value, so you would set this to say 100 - therefore on a graph you would plot (0,100) and note down pitch max next to it.
                Then Pitch Min value of -100 would mean you would plot (0,-100)
                Yaw refers to the X values (left/right)

So it's like creating the crosshair, you set each line/point of the crosshair with those settings (but they only refer to the Aim Down Sight [ADS] of the crosshair)

If you install the mod tools, you will need to open Asset_Manager.exe located in the bin folder ( Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\bin ) - once you have this opened, click File > Open
                Then browse to this location: Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\source_data
                and open the file "weaponsettings_mp" - it is a Game Data file (.gdt) - this is basically the file I converted into the .csv file in my first post. (although I only included the bullet weapons part)

Comment

That is very interesting. The model space values just went from sounding huge to tiny.

I believe your numbers 100%. I think that the weapon range values just do not reflect the numbers that were given to them.

To use the example I've been using the MP40 with silencer:
                  Range 350 max damage; 9 meters
                  Range 700 min damage; 18 meters

That would be less range than running from home plate to 1st base. In the game I can drop anything that I can visably see in the MP40 iron sights, as long as it doesn't drop me 1st. That is with the silencer.

Any idea what the discrepency is? Can you trust any range values?

Comment

Well in the game 1 unit is also 1 inch :S - so 9 metres would be like half of the DOME map...

I'm pretty sure that the bullets continue forever or something at the 'min damage' e.g. if min damage is 20, then if you shot someone far away it'd always be 20 dmg per bullet...

Although there is a 'maxDist' function which I haven't looked into... I should really test a gun with a range of say 10 units and see if it still shoots people from far away

Comment

Shotgun pellets disappear at a certain distance in iirc, unlike Battlefield where they just do ridiculously low damage.

Comment

I have extracted the Mod Tools to the game directory. What is the next step in order to make this work? Is there any exe files I need to set this thing up?

I see within the CoD file a new MP and SP CoD icon. I click on it and it is fussy but it brings up the game and shows my rank as private.

Is there anything I need to do to get this up and running?

Comment

You go to the Activison/Call of Duty - World at War/bin folder

So look for the folder named "bin" - that will have the 'mod tool' exe files like AssetManager.exe which you will use, just open that program up... then select File > Open - and locate the Call of Duty - World at War/source_data folder - in there you will have like 5-6 .gdt files, select the weaponsettings_mp.gdt file and open it up.

Then you'll see all the weapons show up in the program...

If you need more help, RGN's Wiki is very useful and very helpful:
                          Here

And also don't forget the Official Wiki too:
                          Here

Comment

Thank you for pointing out how you open up the mod file for the weapon settings. When I finally got this to open up I felt stupid for asking an obvious question.

Comment

Working...
                            X