BF2 Old School Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Old School Review

This is in response to leopardis thread about reverting back to 1.0 for the very best BF2 has/had to offer, that thread can be found here.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Now i thought seeing as i have to re-install my game anyway because i was messing around with files that nuked me from the actual game, i thought i'd look into what leopardi was saying.

Originally posted by Leopardi View Post
    The hitboxes are now perfect and the gameplay is overall much more smoother. Even the ragdoll plays smoother and there's no 1.41 annoyances. Every shot registers, and right at the playermodel. In 1.41 it's likely that it wont register the hit at a player that isn't even moving. In this version everything registers, like playing singleplayer.
    As much as it pains me to do this, thats false, the hitboxes are just a crappy as they always was, granted they got worse as patches came and went, but 1.0 isn't perfect in the slightest. I took on several players with every gun, none of them hit properly, i still got the kill eventually, but that was a clip later. 1.0 also gets better, the bunny hopping, lol to say the least, it didn't stop me wasting them but seeing them bounce around was legendary.

Originally posted by Leopardi View Post
    -More realistic sounds Extremely correct, 1.0 had much better sounds
    -Twice as fast map loading Very true, map loading time was halfed
    -Much better performance Again very true, everything felt right
    -Karkand is not all about nade spamming, you get more kills with assault rifles since evey hit registers FALSE, still get the noobs & spammers, and the hit boxes arnt sorted
    -Sniping is better. Headshots are much easier, and the optics won't go off by themselves because the netcode is better. Sniping in general is easier, but its not like headshot heaven you still work for them
    -TV guided missiles are better imo Hitboxes in choppers are different which do make TV missiles hit better.-Artillery isn't as annoying and overpowered against infantry True, but arty is supposed to be that powerful, they're not firing BB's at you, they're wack off shells, so they should be powerful
    So My conclusion, 1.0 If it had the maps and some features of 1.41, then it would be pretty sweet, but its still a noob haven. :thumbsup:

Stick with 1.41, its still that little bit better

Re: BF2 Old School Review

Another thing i noticed, on patch 1.1 with special forces, the loading Icon is the green 2 Icon, where as now in 1.41 the 2 is red like standard BF2. Im sure you'll all sleep better knowing that...

Comment

Originally posted by :ROGUEwolf View Post
      Another thing i noticed, on patch 1.1 with special forces, the loading Icon is the green 2 Icon, where as now in 1.41 the 2 is red like standard BF2. Im sure you'll all sleep better knowing that...
      Mine's still green in 1.41!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
        Mine's still green in 1.41!
        I dont have any

I deleted all that intro movie crap and legal disclaimers. Nice to boot up BF2 and only BF2. not 10 logos.

Comment

Why'd they change the sounds and screw up the map loading times?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
            Why'd they change the sounds and screw up the map loading times?

Because they can.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              Because they can.

Comment

They ruined Battlefield 1942 sounds as well. They seem to think that it's better because it's new.

Comment

I mean some of the sounds were dodgy like some cut off, but others were class.

Comment

Working...
                  X