Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Causes Computer to Crash and Restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Causes Computer to Crash and Restart?

Hi all first post.

I have been searching for an answer to this question ever since I got this Disc of Circular Poo Poo. So I sorry if it has been asked already.

My computer seems to crash every time I play on multiplayer mainly when there has been an explosion at in front of me but has recently just started to crash as soon as I enter the battle. I dont know what it is I updated it to 1.50 so I think it has been completly updated, correct me if there is another update.
    I have Punkbust pretty much working although it still kicks me sometimes.
    I have deleted my cache files. turned of EAX on the Audio.

Could someone help.
    Thank you.

Re: Game Causes Computer to Crash and Restart?

could be an overheat but sounds more like our old friend radial.cdb which is a file that battlefield writes to (what i am not sure) you need to find it and delete it as it often corrupts and all should be fine also if you browse this forum a little more i think you will find the code for a batch file that will delete it for you as the game is launched. as for the pb kicks are you on vista ? and u may need to do the manual update with pbsetup.exe which i think you can get from evenbalance.com

Comment

It sounds like overheating.
      You can disable auto restart by right clicking on My Computer, select properties, advanced, startup and recovery settings, and untick automatically restart under system failiure.
      It will still restart if it's overheating though!

Comment

Please post your full system specs including a DXDiag so we can assist you better.

Comment

Ok I have been deleting my Radical file and it seems to help alot more although i still crash from time to time.
          I have been noticing that when ever the aircon is on it crashes alot less so I think it is the computer overheating, will deal with that soon.
          Thanks.

Comment

radial mate not radical lol

and 2142 has problems with crashing alot if it freezes up you need to "blind end" it as i call it , which means ending it through task manager without being able to see it. i usually have tanskmanager by default on the processes tab then whenever it freezes up simply press ctrl+alt+del then b (for battlefield{you may need to press bat or something similar if you have alot of processes that begin with b}) then alt+e to end it then y (for yes) to confirm

Comment

Working...
            X