Connection Problems... pls halp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problems... pls halp!

i quit playing this game about 2 yrs ago because i could never fix this problem but my friend got me into the game again. basically what is happening is after i join a server and spwn and everything, all the sudden it freezes and displays a message saying "There is a problem with your connection" then it goes away and i can play for a couple seconds longer. then it comes back again and does this a couple times over. then it eventually kicks me from the server with a message saying "lost connection to server"

I can play Counter strike source, left 4 dead, tf2, with no problem. and this doesn't happen in every server. but probably a good 60% of the servers.

I have wireless internet but i dont see why that would affect this game and not any others.

my PB is up to date, i manually did it

i can run the game fine with the hardware that i currently have. PLS HELP, this gets very frustrating when trying to play with friends. if you have any ideas let me know. (windows xp too, if that helps)

Re: Connection Problems... pls halp!

I used to have problems with wireless and bf2. Try a cable, just to see.

Comment

well, the cable works but its only a temp fix seeing as how it runs through my entire house lol

but now i have another problem. every server i join i get kicked right after the map loads saying "corrupted packet flow"

it kicks me when i use wireless or a cable.... and i cant seem to fix it. i've tried reinstalling and manually updating punkbuster/deleting the punkbuster folder and updateing it if that makes sense.

everytime i play this game i swear its a different problem.

Comment

Had the same sort of issue when I was running off wireless, lasted about a week then the router got plugged into my PC and the rest of the house runs off wireless.

Comment

ok. Go to speedtest.net to tell us what speed you're at. Do you play on servers near you?

Comment

3764 download
            442 upload
            Server: Kansas City, MO Ping:147 Distance:<50

ISP: RoadRunner

I try to play on servers near me.

this was done with my wireless connect too btw

Comment

Make sure in the game options you have selected the right connection speed. Reboot your router, close all other applications when you play bf2. If you still have problems try using a different router maybe that's the cause.

Comment

Alright i will give it a shot and let you know whats up. its finals week so it might be a while b4 i get back to you

Comment

Working...
                X