X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Tips Thread!

The COD4ers have one, why can't we?

I'll start us off with a few:

The MP40 has considerably less recoil when a suppressor is attached. Combined with Stopping Power to make up for the reduced damage over range, it can be a very formidible weapon for Close-Medium range combat.

Double-Barrel Shotties work great with Sleight of Hand.

Assign your shoulder mouse-button to primary grenade. You'll appreciate the ease in cooking.

Get used to knifing at close range. 25% of the kills I get when using practically any class is normally with a knife.

The best Anti-dog weapon you have is either your knife, or any weapon with a high rate of fire.

If you've just killed a Marty user while right next to him, don't be afraid of throwing the nade away if you can spare the time to throw it.

Re: Official Tips Thread!

To kill more then One enemis in-game!! Easy Use double Tap Or Sleight Of Hand and you going kill Like a hell!!

To headshot like all time or the most of the time!! When you walk dont look down look more in the air..!!

Other coming soon loolzzz

Comment

STICKY THIS PLZ!

anyway. I dont know if anyone else does this, but MOUNT YOUR MG. It improves accuracy alot and helps for long range stuff where you cant see the enemy all that clearly. Go prone and spam f.

Comment

Use the BAR like a semi-auto rifle at medium/long range, not a MG.

Use the flak jacket perk if you get killed by arty/nades/bettys a lot, it really helps.

Comment

Oh and if you bored of using a gun who shot only one time ( not for bolt action ) Use the Double taps perk and he going shot like a mg:thumbsup:

Comment

Zombie tip: Once you have started to repair a barricade you don't have to be looking at it, as long as you keep holding "f".

Comment

Taken from: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=178571
              They are from COD4, but they can easily work in most games, including COD5.

These points can be used for almost any gametype, but specifically for S&D.

Here's some of tips I frequently use:
              • Always look at your minimap. Look for where your teammates are, how they are positioned, and which ones are dying. From there, you can guess where the enemies would be, and if your flank is open. Whenever I am not getting shot at, and I know I am relativley safe, I will focus on my minimap while I decide where to go. If you are from BF2, same idea applies.

• Press X to look at the full map. I do this frequently when I am safe, just so I can see where the enemies are when the UAV is up, or if they fire. Just by looking at the map for 10 seconds to look at how your teammates are pushing, where the enemies are firing, will give you a better idea of where to advance and where to expect resistance.

• Watch the kill messages. If you noticed a teammate advancing to cover your flank, take note of his name. If you see that name pop up that he died, then you know they are coming behind you.

• Time is your friend. If you are in a firefight, and someone launches a RPG at you and retreats, chances are he is just reloading. Wait about 3-4 seconds then start firing where he used to be. You will more than likely take him out with your prefire. Once you get a good idea of how fast people can sprint, walk, crouch, you can esimate the amount of time it will take them to reach a certain location. If they are not at that location yet, you can estimate the amount of time it will take him to get there so you can be ready incase he decides to flank. This is an INCREDIBLY useful skill to have, but it is also difficult to master.

• Study your enemy. If your enemy has martydom on, take note of his name, weapons, etc. If you encounter him again, you know beforehand that he has a high probability of having martyrdom and you can take the necessary precautions. This works especially well in S&D competition setting. By studying your enemy, you can figure out his play style, where he plays, what weapons he uses. So when there is one enemy left, you can predict that he will be advancing from the area he typically plays. This goes hand in hand with the last point (mindgames).

• Practice your aim. I like using http://www.missionred.com/ to tune my reflexes with reflex_2. You can also do this in game. Go into an empty server and find some street sign, picture, box, etc. Put that target offset of your cross hair, then try to aim at that target as fast as you can. Essentially, this lets you 'know' the limits of your mouse. Your mind gets to understand that it needs to move the mouse XX amount of distance across the mouse pad in that specific situation. Just like how people practice throwing a football, or kicking a soccerball anywhere they want-- it's the same mentality.

• Fight or Flight. This is very important! If you have the advanatage, you should take it. But if you don't, you should be prepared to retreat or take cover. If there is a sniper in the distance and you just spotted him looking right at you, chances are he's about to shoot you. So.. RUN! Trick him with time and mindgames, or relay his location to a teammate to take him out. Or if you peak and there are three enemies staring you down, chances are you will not survive.. Don't try to be a hero and run out in the open to take them out. Use some of the point's I mentioned to eliminate them. You could almost
                think of it in terms of the probibility of surviving.

• It's all mindgames. Think to yourself "How can I trick my enemy?". Even a simple 'juke' of switching directions while behind cover will keep him guessing. The more they have to second guess themselves, the better your chance of survival. So, take everything I said above and apply it to trick your enemy. If he sees you retreating, try waiting a couple seconds and 'pretend' you are flanking around before peaking out the exact same way he was shooting you from. Even a smoke distraction works wonders. I remember a 1v2 in Vacant, bomb planted at B. I was in B corridor and I threw a smoke through the vents towards wood room at A to make the enemies assume I was going that way. I peaked out and saw both of them of them uncovered looking straight at the smoke at the other entrance. It's an easy win if you have the advantage on the peak or are able to trick them into messing up.

• Always zoom in while sweeping areas. This may be very self explanitory, but from time to time I see people with terrible peaking habits. You always want to 'sweep' the areas you are advancing. Zoom in while looking around corners, and remember not to pace yourself so you do not expose your entire body sometimes. If you can scan corners or rooms, you can elminate the chance that an enemy would be there. That way, you can focus on the remaining areas where the enemy probibably will be. This

• Probability! This relates to 'fight or flight' and 'sweeping/checking corners'. If the bomb is down, and the enemies could be hiding anywhere. You want to sweep areas so when you go to fake diffuse, you will know what direction they are probibily going to be. I can't tell you how many times this helps in S&D when trying to find the enemies. If you swept A and and they are not there, then there is a higher probability that he would be at B or rotating to B. Etc. This can go the opposite way when you are defending the bomb. As time runs out, there is a higher probability that he will be closer to the bomb, or trying to sweep certian locations. This is where mindgames and timing are KEY.

The goal is to have complete awareness of the battle. If you noticed your teammate died behind you, you can estimate you have about XX number of seconds before the enemies will arrive at your location. You can continue to take out the enemies in front of you until that time.

Hopefully some of these points help you in whatever gametype you play. I also hope it opens your eyes to a better understand that FPS games are deeper than "run and gun" and you really need to understand the psychology behind the game if you want to develop some brillant tactics and skills.

Comment

Wow that was long!! But thx dude!!! I will use some of it:yay:

Comment

Learn from what you see. If someone is owning you all the time then go to spec and watch how they play for a few minutes, you might learn something.

My persoanl fave perk setup is extreme conditioning stopping power and satchel charges.
                  Maps are big on COD5 so running for longer makes things much easier, stopping power puts enemies down in 2-3 hits with most weapons and satchel charges can be used like 2 more grenades plus they are good against tanks.

Comment

Always use stopping power on softcore

Don't use deep impact on any smg (obviously but some people still do :S)

Use your ears! The amount of times Ive sprinted up on some people

Patience is a virtue, if you shoot some one a few times and he runs behind cover, don't just run after him wait a few seconds and 9 out of 10 times they pop back out again for another shot

Don't spray, just wastes ammo and makes you really obvious to enemy

Don't use double tap on the Thompson 20 mag, that's just silly ;-)

The bar is amazing at med range, if you shooting an enemy just keep the cross hair on him even through thick walls, the bar will penetrate through most of the walls in the game

With the bar only tap the mouse and fire 1-2 shots bursts

Comment

Sleight of Hand is a lifesaver in quick situations, especially when using a Machine Gun.

Try Double Tap with a Bolt Action rifle. No really, try it.

Now try Double Tap with the STG-44. Beats using Stopping Power most of the time.

Second Chance is surprisingly useful on Hardcore.

Comment

wtf?

seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite View Post
                          • Probability! This relates to 'fight or flight' and 'sweeping/checking corners'. If the bomb is down, and the enemies could be hiding anywhere. You want to sweep areas so when you go to fake diffuse, you will know what direction they are probibily going to be. I can't tell you how many times this helps in S&D when trying to find the enemies. If you swept A and and they are not there, then there is a higher probability that he would be at B or rotating to B. Etc. This can go the opposite way when you are defending the bomb. As time runs out, there is a higher probability that he will be closer to the bomb, or trying to sweep certian locations. This is where mindgames and timing are KEY.
                          if you are playing S&D(especially on defend) when you hear "Time is running out!" or whatever it is they say, stay still and look around because that is the signal for people to stop camping especially when they are watching a bomb for awhile to decide to plant or not. wow that was a run-on sentence for sure

Comment

Dont throw satchel charges on a tank. Throw them next to them on the ground and you can destroy a tank with only that.

Two to the back is an instant kill as well as one from underneath.

If you are in a tank, try to protect your back and aim for treads to disable a tank or areas that do not have the extra plated armor. Try not to attack the tanks head on, thats where they are armored the most.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Here's a tip:

The M2 flamethrower doesn't go too far, but the fire falls downwards, so aim high if you want to hit something further away.

Comment

Working...
                              X