CD key not valid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD key not valid

ok its been a while since i played BF2 so i did a fresh re install re downloaded the 1.4 patch,

i bought a new 20 inch monitor and changed the reso in the properties and now when i try to join a game its telling me my CD key is not valid, i have the deluxe edition BF2 with SPF, i set the properties back to stock and it is still telling me my cd key is not valid WHY? lol

Re: CD key not valid

hm, make sure you patch to 1.41
    for the cdkey, search the support forum. there is a registry hack you can use to fix that.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

yea i have the latest patch but its still telling me my CD key is invalid

Comment

"go to start > run > regedit

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE / Software / Electronic Arts / EA GAMES/ Battlefield 2 / ergc

and in the ergc folder on the right handside, look for "(Default)" and then double click on that and in value data, delete everything in there and type in x9392 and hten ur cdkey without anyspaces or dashes so it looks like x9392DMVE294817 where DMVE294817 is ur cd key (its obvisouly not). then hit okay and restart."

Quote from ConscriptVirus last time I had that problem. I tried finding the original topic, but no luck.

That should work, though.

Comment

yea i had to do that like 60 times lol i finally got to play, but now im gonna try it to see if it works beings its been 2 hours since it worked.

BTW is EA going to release a new patch? i thought i heard a rumor of it

Comment

Originally posted by snakeGS
            yea i had to do that like 60 times lol i finally got to play, but now im gonna try it to see if it works beings its been 2 hours since it worked.

BTW is EA going to release a new patch? i thought i heard a rumor of it
            Yeah they will. Apparently a beta version of the patch will be released sometime between now and Christmas.

Comment

That happend to me when I got the complete bf2 just go no EA and after you have tried everything ask them to register it for you,thats what I did.

Comment

Working...
              X