Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Clan to join.

Hi everybody..

Where to begin? Perhaps with: Who I am.......: A concerned BF2 player.

For quite a while now, I have been seriously considering leaving the clan I am part of, and have been part of for many years, and seeing as this would not be an easy decision, I thought it best to do some checking around, get a bit of info on any NEW clan that I would consider joining.

I stumbled across The DL forums, and figured that if serious BF2 players /clans would be anywhere then it would be in a place such as this.
    I dismissed many of the clans in the first five minutes due to “reputations preceeding” them and such like, which left me with a few:

=SGR=

*Mine*

=HeL=

I did a bit more background checking and found that =SGR= are moving/have moved away from BF2. So this counted them out. =HeL= I had heard rumours about, and from other people I had spoken to, I knew they had a “semi bad” reputation.

This left *Mine*

As always, I do checking before I even contemplate applying to forums, and some of the things I heard about *Mine* made me stop dead in my tracks.
    They have been kicking people out, for lack of activity: Just look at there leaderboard for evidence of this. I might add now, that I have played against this clan in the past, and I recognised a handfull of names from back then. I admit that people could have just left, but when I asked around the reaction was “they are doing house-clearance.” To me that say’s: kicking the dead wood. This in it’s self didnt make me stop. But I then heard that they were only recruiting people who had very good scores eg: Captain or above so that they could do well in the DL. This did make me stop.

But it didnt end there.

I did a bit more checking, and found old forum posts. Nearly all had been closed, but they had a distinct pattern: One rule for members, and another for non-members. Whilst I can understand this (to a degree) I couldnt ignore what I had read: People being kicked from the *Mine* servers because they were in jets or helicopters. Were just too good for the *Mine* members or had voiced a concern, and been told “no abuse to admin/players” then been kicked. This in my opinion is an abuse of power. And if it has been going on for some time, why hasn’t it been stopped?

A while ago they had some pretty decent admins. Admins that were fair and would actually listen, not go on power trips and change the rules to suit themselves. For the life of me, I can’t remember names, but some of you must know the decent admins in that clan: past or present.

All of what I have just written is based upon what I have read and information that I have gathered. You might be thinking: “Where is he going with this?” I will say only this: If your looking for a fair clan, one that doesnt kick people to make room for better players or change’s rules to suit themselves: Look elsewhere. Or even better: Create your own clan. At least that way you can guarentee fairness.

Needless to say I haven’t applied to the *Mine* forum and never will, which is a shame, because they used to be ok.

Kind regards,

Mu33y

Re: BF2 Clan to join.

why you ppl need a prefix next to your name to enjoy a game. you find ppl you play well with then add them on xfire. they in a clan meet there friends if you all have fun then its all good.

the way you are going about sounds a lot more... professionalism? aka lame and boring. You know the saying "never judge a book by its cover"? This is a very good example of it.

Goodluck in finding a clan though.

Comment

The real question I have, are there even any leagues/ladders that run BF2 anymore? It seems as if BF2 has been weened out despite there still being 10,000 people playing online at anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Snake View Post
        The real question I have, are there even any leagues/ladders that run BF2 anymore? It seems as if BF2 has been weened out despite there still being 10,000 people playing online at anytime.
        I've heard that CAL may be getting back into BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Snake View Post

Comment

Interesting that CAL might be firing back up BF2, anyone interested in joining my small clan if they have a 5v5 league?

Comment

BF2 has now officially been ranked the top crap game of today. Its not its content which is bad, its not the way it was made, its the people that play it, 99.9% of noob people with very little life and totally no brains play BF2. BF2 Noob Haven, its new name.

I very rarely go on, i just blast around in the jets for abit and leave, i really can't stand BF2 anymore, it really does suck.

To Topic...I'd find a clan in another game...

Comment

Working...
              X