Just in case you were wondering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case you were wondering.....

I have read over and over that if you get team switched by the server, you don't take a loss if you don't spawn. I have accepted that as the case for months, but wondered about it recently so I decided to test it out. I wrote down my current win-loss record, then found a round of Camp Gib where PAC was getting demolished. Tickets were 192-25, and EU held every spawn point except the PAC uncap. I joined the round as EU, and waited until a few more tickets were being knocked down. I checked the teams, and EU were mostly brigs (as expected). The entire PAC team was stuck trying to get from the sand to the structures, and some people started to bolt the server. So I let someone kill me, and as expected, was switched to the other team. I then disconnected without respawning and just to be sure I didn't pollute the test, shut down 2142.

When checking my stats, I had exactly 1 more loss.

The conclusion is that if you are team-switched, you most definitely take the loss whether or not you actually spawn into the game on the losing side. A bit frustrating, because yesterday I was team-switched as a Squad Leader (with no squad members) in a Titan round after I had destroyed 3 of 4 consoles, so effectively I greatly aided my own side (after being switched) in losing the round. Doubly frustrating because every other squad was locked, so I had no choice but to join as a lone wolf squad leader. It didn't help.

DD.

Re: Just in case you were wondering.....

I don't think, even if it matters, that it has that much of an effect. Once you've played 100's of games, getting teamswitched only occasionally doesn't really bother me much....

Comment

I don't even look at w/l ratio. It isn't that telling of a player's ability imo.

Comment

I agree, it doesn't mean anything since you can have 31 other people on your team of various abilities. It doesn't really matter unless you're going for War College.

Comment

After i finally get my War college, i can care less about Win loss ratio

Comment

I always play for the losing team : )

Comment

So has anyone finally found out whether leaving a game results in an automatic loss or not?

Originally posted by Darc
              I always play for the losing team : )
              I think it's actually a bit relaxing to play as the losing side as long as you're not getting spawnraped or the game is super close. Less worrying for your team to win and more playing for fun.

Comment

also you can just camp and let the enemy come to you

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                  also you can just camp and let the enemy come to you
                  Yep, but up until you get War College, you have to keep an eye on those stats. Afterwords, who cares? But if you don't do it now, it's no longer possible later. I have a long long way to go. Currently have a 1.21 winning %, which means I have to win 214 in a row to have a 2-1 :-)

So I don't worry about it too much, but it still doesn't change the fact that getting team switched with no time on the clock is fantastically annoying.

DD.

Comment

Being on the losing team is fine since the 2142 maps are big. As long as you don't get steamrolled.

Comment

what about getting teamswitched to the team with no flags left? happened me once a few day's ago. it was so stupid. i capped 4 flags in camp g, run over a mine, die and get switched sides, but they just lost harbor and everyone was over there, with only 3 guy's alive...

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
                        what about getting teamswitched to the team with no flags left? happened me once a few day's ago. it was so stupid. i capped 4 flags in camp g, run over a mine, die and get switched sides, but they just lost harbor and everyone was over there, with only 3 guy's alive...
                        haha you got majorly Pwnt xD

Comment

At one point i was 700 wins away from the war college ribbon. Right now i think i am 200 away. My WL ratio is 1.91

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                            At one point i was 700 wins away from the war college ribbon. Right now i think i am 200 away. My WL ratio is 1.91
                            Holy man, closing in on 7000 rounds!

DD.

Comment

Working...
                            X