X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's how to make BF2 hitboxes perfect

1. Uninstall your Battlefield 2 v1.41
    2. Install the game with 1.0 version
    3. Play. The hitboxes are now perfect and the gameplay is overall much more smoother. Even the ragdoll plays smoother and there's no 1.41 annoyances. Every shot registers, and right at the playermodel. In 1.41 it's likely that it wont register the hit at a player that isn't even moving. In this version everything registers, like playing singleplayer.

Yes, it is ranked, and yes there are plenty of servers and players. Also what's better in 1.0:

-More realistic sounds
    -Twice as fast map loading
    -Much better performance
    -Karkand is not all about nade spamming, you get more kills with assault rifles since evey hit registers
    -Sniping is better. Headshots are much easier, and the optics won't go off by themselves because the netcode is better.
    -TV guided missiles are better imo
    -Artillery isn't as annoying and overpowered against infantry

Re: Here's how to make BF2 hitboxes perfect

Originally posted by Leopardi View Post
    1. Uninstall your Battlefield 2 v1.41
    2. Install the game with 1.0 version
    3. Play. The hitboxes are now perfect and the gameplay is overall much more smoother. Even the ragdoll plays smoother and there's no 1.41 annoyances. Every shot registers, and right at the playermodel. In 1.41 it's likely that it wont register the hit at a player that isn't even moving. In this version everything registers, like playing singleplayer.

Yes, it is ranked, and yes there are plenty of servers and players. Also what's better in 1.0:

-More realistic sounds
    -Twice as fast map loading
    -Much better performance
    -Karkand is not all about nade spamming, you get more kills with assault rifles since evey hit registers
    -Sniping is better. Headshots are much easier, and the optics won't go off by themselves because the netcode is better.
    -TV guided missiles are better imo
    -Artillery isn't as annoying and overpowered against infantry
    if you think map load times are slow and performance is bad on 1.41 i would have to say its you're rig that causes most of you're issues and not the patches. my map load times are under 30 seconds ez and i usualy get my headshots on the firstshot even when they moven.

Comment

Never had a problems with hitboxes. It's mainly of matter of playing on a low ping server with other low ping players, avoid 64 players and have a good smooth internet connection.

Not that 1.0 is worse though. It's pretty fun but overall 1.41 is the better game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
        if you think map load times are slow and performance is bad on 1.41 i would have to say its you're rig that causes most of you're issues and not the patches. my map load times are under 30 seconds ez and i usualy get my headshots on the firstshot even when they moven.
        I have loading times under 30 secs too, and with 1.0 they're under 15 secs. Everything runs smoother as well. You should try shooting in 1.0.. you will definitely notice the difference. Do you always hit in the head when a guy is jumping? I doubt, because the hitbox lags so much. In 1.0 the hitbox is right where the head is and you can easily get him in midair.

Also same goes for chopper hitboxes, I can aim straight to chopper and it will hit. Don't you say that you can hit a moving chopper by guiding your TV missile straight at the chopper in 1.41...

After playing 1.0 and updated to 1.41, the difference was horrible, even though the pings were the same 20. Uninstalled and back on 1.0 again, it's just so much more enjoyable to play infantry and with helis in 1.0.

It's not about the internet connection, it's a bug introduced in the patches.

Comment

Maybe the 1.5 patch is going to fix all this anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Dizzi View Post
            Maybe the 1.5 patch is going to fix all this anyway?
            Don't count on it. That would mean ripping apart and redesigning the netcode. That would take both a long time and mean using a fair bit of manpower.

Comment

1.5 is all about fixing the database holes.

Originally posted by DICE
              PB GUID's are also being spoofed because they base their ID's on information from game. It is something we take very seriously and aim to resolve with 1.50.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Thats a shame... I just installed and went right to 1.41.

Comment

Go to v1.21 instead, everything was perfect, with none of the game-ruining bugs that were present in 1.0.

And no, v1.0 is not officially ranked. Only 1.41 is.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                    Go to v1.21 instead, everything was perfect, with none of the game-ruining bugs that were present in 1.0.
                    AFAIK hitboxes were already ruined with the first patch, and that is one of the most game ruining bug in bf2. I also hate how assault class was turned to medic class without the medpack, making karkand medic only and nade spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi View Post
                      Also same goes for chopper hitboxes, I can aim straight to chopper and it will hit. Don't you say that you can hit a moving chopper by guiding your TV missile straight at the chopper in 1.41...
                      Well if I'm gonna get picky, to compensate for DICE's amazing coding, people lead the missile at the chopper and at the last second, turn the TV in the opposite way of the chopper. Of course ping plays in this also and some dodges are pretty annoying to lead, it works like 95% of the time.

Comment

uhhhhhhhhh planes ruled with out question in 1.0, AA had a better chance of accidentally hitting a friendly then a enemy.

TV missiles just have a longer range, while this is nice, if your a good chopper gunner, this made the game wayyyyyyyyy too easy.

Blackhawks were whirling death dealers, making mashtur 100% unbalanced. Sure now both the weapons on the transport choppers are mostly useless, but atleast they are BOTH like that.

and even on 64 player servers I find the hit boxes just fine, the balistics model of the game is a joke, but if the sprite hits, it registers for me, heck the JSF has toooo much of a hit box.

For me the game overall is wayyyyyyyyy better with 1.41

Comment

No.

You "fix" your hitboxes by getting good and learning where the hitboxes are.

GG.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post

And no, v1.0 is not officially ranked. Only 1.41 is.
                            from patch 1.12 until it was fixed in 1.3 (5 patches later...) the m1a2 abrams had a modified and completely ****ed hit-box making it take damage over even the smallest of bumps or holes. that almost turned me off from the game. there are some other things that were messed with within the patches from 1.12 to the one before 1.3. one of the changes made was the f35 hit box being screwed with so that now the f35 is a pile of junk. useless for anything other than suicide missions. i barely play bf2 anymore because the bugs keep getting in the way of me having fun.

@ Leopardi
                            also, the hit boxes for infantry are fine when using bullets. it's the netcode and the 64 player servers with 100+ ping players that are the problem. fire up bf2 on a single player map and you will see that the hit boxes are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 LoGoS.^CyN.TV* View Post
                              No.

You "fix" your hitboxes by getting good and learning where the hitboxes are.

GG.
                              You can't fully "fix" it that way, sometimes it will give you only a nice big dust puff even if there is an idler not moving and you shoot him in the head from 10m with sniper.

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
                              @ Leopardi
                              also, the hit boxes for infantry are fine when using bullets. it's the netcode and the 64 player servers with 100+ ping players that are the problem. fire up bf2 on a single player map and you will see that the hit boxes are fine.
                              ..?

Hit boxes act the same when there are two under 100 ping players at the same server. In 1.0 they are fine even on fully populated 64 player server with some people with 200+ pings. There are videos on youtube in case you haven't seen any.

And yeah, of course the hitboxes are fine in singleplayer, but I don't see what does that have to do with the topic, huh?

Just watch:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASPheFkohy0&fmt=18[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFakSSdT_Y&fmt=18[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UefOHYZzZgI&fmt=18[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTwGSrjsgo&fmt=18[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8av5dkqpQ&fmt=18[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVxeovvzZZU&fmt=18[/media]

Comment

Working...
                              X