PS Home [Impressions Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Home [Impressions Thread]

Well I am now in the Playstation Home 1.0 Beta. I went through and created my character with the limited style choices redecorated my room and went outside.

So it's like the Sims and I guess a bit like Second Life but I have never played that.

I was surprised when the beta file was so small but then found out that it's because it only downloads the basic stuff which is your room with some basic furniture as well as your clothing and body options.

Each additional area you have to download as you go to it. I downloaded the outside plaza then had to give up the TV so my brother could watch Hockey.

They are doing some sort of welcome to 1.0 tonight 5-7 PM PST so I might be able to catch the tail end of it after the TV is free but I doubt it. I've been having problems staying connected I am not sure though if it is my internet connection in combination with the stupid wireless or if it is the PS Home taking a beating from the new testers. Either way a good thing is that the download will stay in a quene partially downloaded if you loose connection and you can continue where you left off which is a fantastic thing and helped me from giving up on HOME.

Anyone else who is in the beta feel free to post your impressions here and if you want to know something about HOME just post and I will try to answer it. When the full version is out we will do another thread.

Re: PS Home [Impressions Thread] {1.0 Beta}

I thought it was pretty neat looking. There isn't much to do, and there aren't many items available right now. I feel like I saw everything on my first time playing. I played it again when a friend just downloaded it, and I told him to go to the Bowling Alley and Theatre. It was much more fun with someone I knew. All in all I think it's looking pretty intresting.

Comment

Well I missed the "open house" thingy tonight but will check out HOME again later.

Comment

Hmmm... I got the email saying, "Meet @ Central Plaza and gather around so and so." but when I got on at the correct time everyone was saying, "Where's this guy were supposed to gather around at???"

So I don't know if it was the wrong day or what. :S

Comment

It was at the Bowling Alley to play pool and meet and greet not the plaza.

I went into the bowling alley and played a rolled a game was cool I can see it as a real time killer.

Comment

I'm not in yet.
            Can you talk with people this side of the pond Manzi?

Comment

So far everyone I have talked with is either from USA or Canada. I do believe they already said it was region locked.

Comment

Originally posted by therealmat
                I'm not in yet.
                Can you talk with people this side of the pond Manzi?
                So if Home really is region locked. Im guessing that you need to tag along as soon as the open Beta comes...

I can show you how to play pool...

Comment

I cant use HOME.
                  Says I'm too young. >:3

Comment

I cant use HOME.
                    your not missing much.

Comment

I cant use HOME.
                      So am I but I plan on fixing that

Comment

How??

Comment

I cant connect to it for some reason gives me an error report :s

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101 View Post
                            Same here

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101 View Post
                              Originally posted by Hoot471 View Post
                              Same here
                              It gives errors to lot of us...

I did manage to get in when the open beta came out. And after i did my avatar. I went to the shopping center.

And then it hit me...

Every single item what they have there costs money. I don't know about you guys, but i really don't want to pay 0.95€(that's 1.2 USD) to get a virtual lamp to my virtual aparment. And if you want that summer cottage you have to pay 4.95€(that's 6.6 USD)...

And to the club matter. Im not really sure if this is true atm, but there has been discussion that there is monthly club fee, and that is 5€ per month...

I sure hope that you can really get Home Money from trophies...

Comment

Working...
                              X