Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *spoilers* [CB Games] Far Cry 2 Story Analysis

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sto...y-2-13303.html

In Far Cry 2, players control a mercenary trying to hunt down a mysterious arms dealer known only as "The Jackal." As I progressed through the game, one thing kept bothering me about my target - besides the fact that he spoke his dialogue at Gilmore Girls speed, I mean. What really bothered me was this nagging feeling that the Jackal was really...me.
    An English degree gives you a tendency to ********.
    Very worth reading article.

When I play the game, the feeling is quite like reading one of Kafka's novel.

Re: [CB Games] Far Cry 2 Story Analysis

Yeh i went through the game not understanding what the hell was going on, i go to kill the jakal then suddenly hes my best ally this kinda puts the pieces of the puzzle together for me

to me this seems more than plausiable, but we will need a sequel or ubi to confirm it

Comment

This thread could probably use some *spoiler* warnings or tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Merchant
        Yeh i went through the game not understanding what the hell was going on, i go to kill the jakal then suddenly hes my best ally this kinda puts the pieces of the puzzle together for me

to me this seems more than plausiable, but we will need a sequel or ubi to confirm it
        That theory has a hole, and hole is that Reuben, the reporter, actually interviewed Jackal before the protagonist came to the FUBAR country.

http://reubenblog.typepad.com

As Reuben put:
        "Today I met the man I believe is charged with hunting the Jackal. I was at Mike’s, a local café where I’ve met many mercenaries. In fact I took this man for one of the faction militia at first. But then I could see by his fresh clothes that he was new to the country."
        I heard soldiers talking about the Jackal with feral power. I actually can't be sure about that, because they talk fast and with some accent.

Comment

Well the jackal says at one point that "I used to be you". I dont think he is "me" I just we have a lot in common.

Originally posted by Whiskey
          This thread could probably use some *spoiler* warnings or tags.
          Roger will do.

Comment

Re: *spoilers* [CB Games] Far Cry 2 Story Analysis

I finished the game yesterday. This game is awesome, especially after second half of Act II.

I eventually choose M79/FAL/Gustav into last missions. If I choose to deliver the diamond case, the border guard took the case, and supposedly the pistol as well. So, the merc didn't kill himself after all.

Comment

Working...
            X