Slow loading maps why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow loading maps why?

For some reason my cod5 is slow @ loading maps every map loads at the same pace very slow. im on a clean install and on cable 20 meg speed w/ 768kbps up speed my specs are in my siggy, and it aint no slow coach either. every other game loads fine, but this cod5 loads really slow on the first half of the loading bar then speeds up. but i usally miss the first round because im late getting into the servers! even local servers with a ping of 30ms.before you start saying you have malware etc etc running i dont its serviced properly. some of my clan members get in alot faster than me with really old naff PC's and slower internet connection with pings of about 80ms. so whats holding it back?

Re: Slow loading maps why?

First, nice system you have. :thumbsup:

I was going to say RAM, but you're fine all around on your system. Maybe more juice for your PSU, but that's not the problem here. Connection is fine as you said also.

Has it loaded them slow ever since you got the game, or did it just recently start doing it?

Comment

From since i had the game. its only this game though and cant fatham out why.

Comment

Hmm...

Googled it, no answers yet, but you might want to follow this post over at FPSadmin

It involves your problem. Some people who have 2gbs of RAM (less than you) are getting in quick, while others who have the same amount of RAM are missing the first round. So, this might not be the 'usual' causes i.e. RAM/Hard Drive etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dual_Core
          From since i had the game. its only this game though and cant fatham out why.
          Yeah, I get it too. COD4 loads lightning fast, but in COD:WW, the round has often already started by the time I get in, even on low-ping servers. Especially sucks when playing S&D, and I miss out on the first round.

Comment

I think that it doesn't have anything to do with your pc as much as it does of how they programmed Cod5 to load.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings
              I think that it doesn't have anything to do with your pc as much as it does of how they programmed Cod5 to load.
              That makes no sense. I load just as fast or even faster on my PC with cod5 than with 4.

Comment

Yeah, and I'm almost always the very first one in the server. I'm already part way to a flag for CTF while some people are still loading the map.

Comment

Did you guys figure anything out? Just upgraded my system and have this problem too.

I have 4 GB Ram, Windows XP SP3, Radeon 4850 512MB, Sata II HD, 3.0 GHZ Dual Core Pentium Processor.

Those are pretty good specs but it takes me 50-60 seconds to load a map. It's real slow in the first part and then shoots through the last part.

I've disconnected my wireless router and plugged straight into DSL. I've removed Virus Scan. I've stopped all Firewall apps. I've HD Tuned my Harddrive to make sure it's fast. I've set all my graphics and textures to their lowest settings in game. Still nothing works.

It's driving me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Unclean009
                    That makes no sense. I load just as fast or even faster on my PC with cod5 than with 4.
                    Every game loads fast for me cod4 does and ive got my graphics set on max with fps @ com_maxfps 300. crysis on very high settings gets avg 50-75fps.
                    i have xp64 with 4 gig ocz ddr2 6400, quad core 6600GO@3.6ghz artic cooler pro 7 2x sata2 drives with page file on seperate drive. ati 4870 gddr5, 19" samsung ws 2ms and cable 20meg internet. trust me its very fast and upto date and optimized for gaming/benchmark. but this game is so slow loading the maps.
                    Yes the game needs optimizing BIG time before its too late and people desert it.

Comment

I dont know. I have a friend that has slow loads and I am the first to load into games.

Since you had wireless going, try turning off the zero wireless configuration service. Since youre not using wireless now, you dont need it on anyway and I have heard it caused some load issues.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                      X