freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freezing

Hi I am very dissapointed with bf2 now... I bought it a year and a half ago or so and played with no freezes or anything(besides usual punkbuster crap)Now 1 year later for some reason the game completely freezes and locks my whole computer up and I have to restart it each time. When playing a normal ranked game(any map size) it freezes after an hour or so. When I play the mod sandbox it freezes about every 10 minutes. I have no idea what is going on...

anyone know whats going on?

Operating System- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
    System Memory- 1023.1
    Processor Speed- 2.6 ghz
    DirectX Version- 9.0c
    Display Device- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
    Display Memory- 256.0
    Sound Device- SigmaTel Audio

Re: freezing

i have the very same problem ....
    anyone who could help us ?

Comment

please HELP US as i want to play all maps in this game....

Comment

Comment

thx but i did that already ( today after posting that last post... )
          the thing is ... i play certain maps... and then it ctd .. idk what the problemcould be

Comment

i can tell you what maps it freezes up on , my specs , anything...

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                Could be a number of things, Do you ever get artifacts on your screen? i.e loads of weird colors and lines tearing on your screen, as your graphics card may be overheating.

@ The op, I would look towards having another GB of RAM in your rig as it Will help a lot.
                nope... it starts like slow , again ( in certain maps in the multiplayer. )
                and then it crashes to desktop ...
                imma get a new graph card :P
                gtx 8880 ?
                idk its name i saw it at 199 dllrs :P
                is that a good graphics card?

Comment

Have you tried lowering your settings and resolution?

Comment

This problem usually occurs when your pc is running out of RAM, and by looking at your computer specs, 1 GB is just enough to play the game using low-moderate settings. The first thing you should try to do is to play the game using the lowest settings possible.

What I used to do when I was running it on 1GB of RAM was to exterminate all unnecessary processes within Task Manager. This actually freed up my memory by a couple 100 megabytes, and I would play the game with low settings for quite a while (1-2 hours) without it freezing on me. Be careful when doing this, don't exterminate any System processes, only the ones you know are useless for the moment.

The second thing you should try is putting all your settings to low- turn any shadings off, AA should be off, and your view distance to a minnimum, and then play the game. If you can play the game longer than usual it's most definitely your shortage of RAM.

I'm pretty sure that your graphics card is not a problem, BF2 in my opinion should work beautifully with your 7600 GT, so don't think about chucking it away just yet.

Try these methods and see if you can play the game longer than you were doing before. You say that if you play the MOD sandbox that it locks up earlier. From my experience mods take up an intense amount of memory, so that just brings more assurance that its your shortage of RAM thats locking up BF2.

Let us know what happens when you try these methods.

Comment

Working...
                    X