callofduty.com forums down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• callofduty.com forums down?

I haven't been able to get on the http://callofduty.com/board page for a couple of hours now. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem. There was a rare update from the Treyarch guy where he said that all of the problems with the game are our fault. It seems the resultant backlash was a pwnslap hard enough to shut their forums down. :laugh:
    He had the scrote to say that anyone who had problems with crashing, being unable to join co-op, being unable to join multi after refreshing the browser, and losing their stats was just doing something wrong because there aren't any bugs that they can see.*
    Of course this is from the same people who said the every-gun-sounds-silenced-shooting-though-a-pillow-underwater thing was on purpose. Everyone having ****-juice in their ears is a FEATURE! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

*paraphrasing, but not far from what he actually said...

Re: callofduty.com forums down?

I can access them fine right now.

Comment

Hmm, I can't. I've tried multiple computers with 3 different browsers. Now with Firefox it says, "Set-Cookie." With IE7 it gives me a 404 error. With Chrome it's a blank screen.

EDIT: it lets me in only if I don't log in. Once I try to log in, no dice.

Comment

Maybe your account has been banned?

Comment

It lets me log in and do everything except go to the actual forums. I can change my avatar and profile information, and I don't have any messages. I would hope that if they banned me, and I don't know why they would do so, that they would at least let me know about it.

Comment

Ive heard that they can just ban you from the forums. Make a new account and see what happens.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

No problem accessing the forums either, you have probably been banned. Try accessing the forums without logging in.

Comment

It seems I've been banned. They didn't give me a message or any kind of reason, but I was able to make a new account. The posts they deleted were just me disagreeing with what they consider a bug and what they don't. I was actually less inflammatory there than I am here. Nice, even.
                Hmm, that sure makes me fall in line with their way of thinking when they ban dissenters instead of actually helping people get the game working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                  It seems I've been banned. They didn't give me a message or any kind of reason, but I was able to make a new account. The posts they deleted were just me disagreeing with what they consider a bug and what they don't. I was actually less inflammatory there than I am here. Nice, even.
                  Hmm, that sure makes me fall in line with their way of thinking when they ban dissenters instead of actually helping people get the game working properly.
                  Without trying to flame you, you're not an innocent bystander in this. I remember your deleted post, and you went in there guns-blazing and aggressive. You have to remember that forum is flooded with whiny noobs raging out, so they were probably fed up with that, took one look at your post and punted you. If you had stayed calm and made a neutral post, you would've been fine. Like the saying goes, you attract more flies with sugar rather than vinegar. You're actually asking to get banned there again with your posts there now with the "dissent won't be tolerated" stuff. Those are also off-topic and not helping anyone, and you're just giving a moderator there a reason to nail you.

And you're not correctly paraphrasing JD saying there is no bug. That's not what he said. He said there might be something there, but it could also be user-side problems with routers and such. He made that statement based on the fact that they have no connection problems there internally at Treyarch's QA testing. That's the "control" environment, with nothing blocking communications. If it works there, but not in the "real world", then that means something is different in the outside environment. It could be a bug, or it could be configuration issues with user firewalls/routers/etc. So until they do more testing and know for sure, he's not calling it a bug that they need to fix.

People complain that JD doesn't respond to the community very much, but this is exactly why. I agree that sometimes his "tone" is questionable, but much of what he says gets twisted around, and then other people misquote that, and rage out about it.

Comment

I wouldnt taker it personally that forum is a joke if im honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X