Can you create squads in COD 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you create squads in COD 5?

I bought the user guide for Call of Duty WAW.

In one of the 1st pages the book suggests you can build squads in this game.

"The Squad System is new to Call of Duty World at War. This system allows you to create a squad and set waypoints for squad members. etc..."

Perhaps I've overlooked the obvious, but I haven't seen how you could create or join a squad in this game.

Is this a feature that never got further than beta?

I think this would be helpful for coordinating efforts if it were available.

Re: Can you create squads in COD 5?

Press esc and click the "create" button under the lone wolves/squad list (you can only do it while alive, the button isn't there when you are dead).

Comment

Awesome!

Thank you for your help.

Comment

What advantages does the squad give you?

Comment

Being able to tell your squad or friends EXACTLY where you want them to attack or move. Also it'll have your name in big blue letters on the map so you know where you are, and your regular name above your head is blue.

Bassically it helps you stick together. With my clan we all take second chance and we stick together, we're unstoppable But seriously, try that. The only thing different from this to the Battlefield series of games is that you cannot spawn on your leader. Which is pretty much useless anyway on COD5 size maps. Also it's easy to find your way to them.

Comment

Yeah, really works well with groups and "Second Chance" perk since you know your members have last stand.

Comment

Also on the maps, your squad mates arrows are in blue, and have there names bellow the arrow. The Squad leader can also place a attack marker n the maps, and change it at any time.

The Blue name tags though are soooooo helpful, when your running around it makes it a lot easier to tell who your working and moving with, especially if your using VOIP.

Comment

We still use Teamspeak and in game VOIP, but its like having Team and Squat chats, damn fine!

Comment

Sorry to piggy back on your topic but it to has to do with creating, but creating a class.
                  I have a ques I seen this class to day that just doesn't work out in my head, you know how all the classes look diff by the weapon you pick, this 1 guy had the ShotGun character but he had the Flamethrower and the M1 Carbine and no ShotGun how can that work??? any 1!:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny View Post
                    this 1 guy had the ShotGun character but he had the Flamethrower and the M1 Carbine and no ShotGun how can that work?
                    Maybe he was using the Overkill perk, and his primary weapons were the shottie and Carbine. In COD:WW, the flamethrower isn't a "weapon" you choose, it's a perk.

Or, maybe he just picked up the Carbine from the ground.

Comment

How do you do the waypoints etc?

Comment

Only the leader can, they only show in your compass/map... just press the button to bring up the map onscreen and as a leader you'll be able to move your mouse around and click somewhere to 'mark' a point so that your squad can attack that position...

I usually use it to try and mark the enemy spawnpoint, so if someone on my squad has arty they'll get a bunch of kills

Comment

Working...
                        X