Disappearing Foliage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Foliage

I know, I'll post this on the official site as well, but I didn't know if any of you guys knew about this. Now, I'm not sure if you can still see a player behind the bush when it disappears, but I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be visible.

I found it the other day, and figured I'd record it really quickly to give an example of the bug (at least I'm assuming it's a bug). I haven't seen it yet on other maps, but I haven't paid much attention. Anyways, here's the glitch:

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

And sorry, vimeo formatted it in an awkward ratio.

Re: Disappearing Foliage

CoD4 did it as well. Something about how it drew the landscape vs. your video card.

I saw it a lot on Creek the most.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I get this, but tht is because i put in a console command to lower every setting to minimum, now sometimes it doesn't draw rocks or boxes :O

Comment

Originally posted by TrudgiN
        I get this, but tht is because i put in a console command to lower every setting to minimum, now sometimes it doesn't draw rocks or boxes :O
        Same here!

Comment

Yeah I always thought that was just the post processing limit.. Used to always happen in CoD4 even with settings maxed.. It was good for finding snipers in creek xD

Comment

I know for sure in CoD4 there's a console command that increases the draw distance of those things, but for me it dropped my frame rate by about 5 and I felt it wasn't worth it. I don't remember what the command was, though

Comment

aha

this is the console command to reset EVERY settin to minmum, should improve fps

/exec dkos.cfg OR /exec dko5.cfg (cant read my riting well :S)
              then
              /vid_restart

i warn you tho, its not pretty

Comment

Working...
              X