Mouse sensitivity #&¤) in HL1 and CS 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse sensitivity #&¤) in HL1 and CS 1.6

I bought HL1 today because of the very tiny price of $0.98 and while I was at it I bought CS 1.6 as well. I have the same problem in both games, basically the sensitivity is all weird and I can't aim for ****.

I turned off everything I could find under the "mouse" menu that was sensitivity related, but the thing is no matter the sensitivity I choose, it's always really weird... I'll try to explain: If I move my mouse really slowly in one direction the crosshair moves slower than my normal snsitivity... and if I move my mouse really fast I turn around way faster than I normally do. Seems like some sort of "mouse acceleration" but I can't find a way to turn it off other than the things I've already tried.

Example:
    I move my mouse 5 cm slowly, I make a 45 degree turn
    I move my mouse 5 cm fast, I make a 180

Highly annoying and it sort of breaks the gameplay for me (especially CS, HL1 is just SP so it's still ok)

Anyone knows if there's some weird option I've missed somewhere? I can't remember this happening when I played 1.6 on my old 7500 LE and 15" monitor

Cheers

Re: Mouse sensitivity #&¤) in HL1 and CS 1.6

You have Mouse Acceleration enabled in such a way that it's affecting your aiming. I can't remember if Mouse Acceleration is an option in the game's Options menu, but I know you can alter it in Windows.

Does it just affect HL1 & CS1.6? or all your games?

Comment

HL1, CS 1.6 and I just installed UT99 and I have the same problem there. In all the games I've turned off everything I could see that had something to do with mouse acceleration. Seems like Windows is forcing it or something. When I had Vista installed I never had this problem when I played CS 1.6 on a friends account.

I started up HL1 to see if I could anything new, but this is all I got and I can't really see anything here that's wrong, unless I'm completely lost and I've unchecked something that shouldn't be unchecked

[media]http://i37.tinypic.com/2cqczkk.jpg[/media]
      I get the exact same dialog box in CS 1.6 and a similar one in UT99. I'll have a look around in logitech setpoint but I'm a complete boon with that program.

Comment

Ok I got it fixed, there was this option with tiny text in setpoint where you could change between having the OS/program change mouse sensitivity or have setpoint set a universal setting. Now I can finally enjoy those old games, hehe.

Thanks for trying to help at least

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
          Ok I got it fixed, there was this option with tiny text in setpoint where you could change between having the OS/program change mouse sensitivity or have setpoint set a universal setting. Now I can finally enjoy those old games, hehe.

Thanks for trying to help at least
          If you ever check this thread again... there is a mousefix that gets of rid of mouse acceleration in Microsoft. You can get it on gotfrag.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            If you ever check this thread again... there is a mousefix that gets of rid of mouse acceleration in Microsoft. You can get it on gotfrag.
            Downloaded, installed, fixed. Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X