SyncToy 2.0 to sync COD profiles between PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SyncToy 2.0 to sync COD profiles between PCs

I did it! I used Microsoft's SyncToy (version 2.0, x64) to create a Sync folder on my thumbdrive with my notebook and my thumbdrive and my desktop to share my stats between the two computers with one thumbdrive folder. I could of done it to share it directly between the two machines, but I don't feel like pulling my notebook out at night just to connect it to my network to share my stats.

Its very simple, works with both XP and Vista, UAC on and off and COD4 and CODWW.

I'll make a guide here tomorrow explaining the steps, they are short, simple and to the points and you won't have to keep copying pasting, hiding and unhiding Windows folders and I'll even talk about redundant back ups (these files are so small, the more the safer the better).

Re: SyncToy 2.0 to sync COD profiles between PCs

I think this is something useful for the whole CoD community. Be sure to make a post that explains it well, and I'll be sure to put it up for our news.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Comment

Good job. That'll be handy for a lot of people.

Comment

Sorry, I had something come up Thursday left me a little worst for wear. I also ran into a problem with it syncing the config files, fine if your using two like machines, not so good if ones a badaz desktop and ones a so so notebook.

Comment

Working...
        X