Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New nvidia driver

Anyone tried driver version 180.48?
    Does the black-screen-problem still exist?
    And is it true that reducing AA to 2* fixes this problem?

Re: New nvidia driver

did you accidently install Nvidias BETA Driver for Far Cry 2?

Comment

I didn't install anything. I checked for new drivers and the newest version is 180.48 now. Don't what you mean with Far Cry 2, I don't play it ^^

Comment

I was using the 180.43 drivers for awhile. They are still borked for 2142 in that when you are hit by explosives etc your screen goes totally black for a moment. Turning off anti aliasing in game fixes that and you can force it back on with the nVidia cp. Other than that they seem to work OK.

I can't be certain about 180.48 but I would assume the .48 is just minor mods for the WHQL labs. I no longer own 2142 so can't test them.

Comment

I tried the drivers in 2142 and you get the same problems as with the last driver package.

It's a shame because I get better FPS with it in games like Crysis Wars... so it sorts of keeps me away from 2142 even tho I feel like playing it sometimes.

Comment

Damnit, allright... But I could live with forcing AA via nvidia control panel, assuming that the blackscreen-prob only occurs with AA selected ingame. Is this really true?

Comment

why don't we just ask DICE to fix this crap? i still havent been able to update my drivers because of this mess but i have no choice but to update it for my other games now...

Comment

Surely it would be nVidia's problem to fix. However I'm sure they won't be too worried about minor fixes for a game that is over 2 years old.

Comment

As I have a GTX280, I pretty much HAD to update my drivers for other games to work properly. Losing BF2142 was collateral damage with which I'm willing to deal. I'd rather be able to play games that work all the way as opposed to a game that kinda works sometimes...

Comment

ok so even nvidia doesnt care about this game....great

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                        X