directx problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directx problem?

I installed the game and it said there was an error updating directx (tried 3 times, same error each time).

I go to the MS website and get my xp validated, then it says theres a network connection error when it tries to install directx.

Anyone have a single clue wtf is going on with my computer? I cant play CoD until I fix this directx problem

specs:
    athlon 2gzh
    1g ram
    geforce 8800

Re: directx problem?

I have seen others post about this problem, so you are not alone. I'll keep an eye out for a solution.

Have you tried FAQ's on the Microsoft site in regards to troubleshooting, with that specific "no network connection" error?

Comment

I have a 'pending' troubleshooting request with them, but was hoping someone here had a better solution, sucks paying for a game then having 3rd-party errors keeping you from playing it

Comment

They had me download a 'directx redistributer' .exe file which worked to update directx, so now I get to the multiplayer, find a game, get through the loading, and then the black screen lol. Now im trying to find a fix for that problem

Comment

I had the exact same problems as you. In thesingle player I couldn't see any of the movies (only got balck screens with the audio) and in the MP when I came out of a server to the main menu I also got a black screen (but I could hear my mouse as it moved over the different options). Someone told me to try updating DirectX from MS website, but I got the same as you..."couldn't connect to the server".

I tried checking for any graphics card driver updates and there was one, so I installed that and everything is now fine on the game. Try that and see how you get on.

Comment

I kept getting the error with the beta and went to Microsoft's site http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Downloaded dxwebsetup.exe and installed it. Seems like I had to get some WGA plugin or something though.

But it sounds like you've tried that. I would also suggest updating your video card drivers.

Comment

I've gotten the same problem . . . but mine will go, in single player, to mission three's load screen, it will finish loading, then I get the error.

I've tried updating from the microsoft site, I've done SEVERAL different DirectX installations, but nothing helps.

I have the latest drivers on my graphics card so I know that's not it. But I'm stumped on how to get past the error.

Edit: Spent 2 hours on the nVidia forums and learned I have a fairly common issue where a driver gets stuck in an infinite loop, currently there is no true solution or patch to it (Starting to hate nVidia now). I'm not sure however how this would affect DirectX being able to run properly.

Comment

updated all my drivers and i think i isolated it as a problem with my realtek sound card. I bought a $10 non-realtek card and Im gonna try that when I get some free time and let you know how it works

Comment

Had the DX issue also telling me to check my network settings, and theres definitely nothing blocking me at my end. I just left it for the time being.

Wigglin - Maybe uninstall the graphics driver in device manager then reinstalling it? If I understood your post correctly.

EDIT: Seemed to work for me, uninstalled the display driver (which was the latest (180.48), restarted the PC, then ran dxwebsetup).

Comment

Working...
                  X