Getting Ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Ranks

whats the best way to gain ranks? by this i mean the quickest strategies to gain experience. This might includes which game modes are best play and which weapons and tactics to employ.

Re: Getting Ranks

Games like sabatoge, CTF, domination, and S&D are high scoring games. Go for challenges, including weapon challenges. You will be ranking up in no time.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Freedom
      whats the best way to gain ranks? by this i mean the quickest strategies to gain experience. This might includes which game modes are best play and which weapons and tactics to employ.
      For game-types, the objective-based ones give you the most (S&D, HQ, DOM, SAB, CTF, WAR). Of these S&D gives you the most XP the fastest, but very active HQ and DOM servers give a lot as well.

For strategies - always stay aware of what weapons you have unlocked, and make some quick notes on paper of what Challenges you have unlocked as well. There's lots of easy & quick points up for grabs if you know what you have available.

For example, when you unlock a new weapon, you get 100XP for 25 kills. It's pretty easy to get that, so it makes sense to quickly swap and put that weapon in your create-a-class to grab those 25 kills. If you're on a busy server with lots of kills happening, then you can even hang on to it to get 75 kills (500XP) or 150 kills (1000XP), and then swap out to another weapon.

Another example with Challenges...
      - there are some very easy ones that give you 250XP just for falling from a certain height on to the ground or water.
      - There's XP for destroying cars/trucks, so take a couple out each time you rotate to a map with them.
      - There's XP for kills involving regular nades, sticky nades, or molotovs, so keep track of them and swap them out in your create-a-class as well.
      - You get XP for killing people while crouched, or prone, so be aware and consciously change your stance when shooting.
      - Etc, etc...you get the idea. Either when you stop playing, or just before you start, make some notes on what you have available and try to use tactics that will get you those easy XP points.

- There are also "powerlevel" servers out there, which give you tons of points. Basically, they are S&D servers with respawns, but they tell people not to plant the bombs until everyone has a lot of points. Good players can get over 5000 XP in a single map this way. You can find them by having "powerlevel" in the server name, and the game-type will be S&D.

Comment

I just got to rank 65 tonight. That's playing 3-4 hours during the week (wife wants to kill me) and about 8 on weekends.

Now that I'm done, I'm wondering if going for prestige is worth it.

I started playing on a server with a mix of HQ, CTF, and TDM. Then I found another server with nothing but HQ, thats where the serious points are.

I averaged between 700-1000 a game and that was before the winning bonus's.

Comment

CTF the HQ are really good game modes for it but its hard to find good servers.

Comment

50 slot HC HQ with high points. Thats where the moneys at

Comment

i played on one of those powerservers hc sd and after 11 rounds i had 10,000 points

Comment

aren't power leveling servers considered cheating? I find i get plenty of XP by just playing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
                  aren't power leveling servers considered cheating? I find i get plenty of XP by just playing the game.
                  I wouldn't call it cheating. Your not doing anything illegal. It's a S&D match with a respawn that's all. If someone plants it moves on. But normally people don't plant, because they want the points. I could understand cheating if someone had manipulated the config to give more pts per kill. but that's just not the case.

Comment

Play HQ, S&D, or CTF to get good points.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGDarkyDizzle View Post
                      I wouldn't call it cheating. Your not doing anything illegal. It's a S&D match with a respawn that's all. If someone plants it moves on. But normally people don't plant, because they want the points. I could understand cheating if someone had manipulated the config to give more pts per kill. but that's just not the case.
                      Another thing I've seen is where they raise the plant timer to the max. It's pretty much impossible to plant the bomb for 45 seconds without getting served. That way the round never ends. It's TDM with more points.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
                        Another thing I've seen is where they raise the plant timer to the max. It's pretty much impossible to plant the bomb for 45 seconds without getting served. That way the round never ends. It's TDM with more points.

Yea our server isnt like that. The plant time and defuse time isnt much longer than stock settings. But your right I have seen servers where it takes like 5min to plant. lol

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                              X