Mod hopes, ideas, potential ect. wishful thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod hopes, ideas, potential ect. wishful thinking

Now that we've seen what stock cod5 is like, and we saw what was pushed in cod4 mods. Elevators, dynamic interactive objects (missile silos opening up, various doors), escalators, going slightly under water, breathing meter and all. Probably more that I can't think of.

Cod5 should be able to integrate most of those, but there are options for it that might even possibly be brought into cod4. but for now lets think of potential for cod5.

Co-op mods will probably be the most difficult, but offer a lot of people that wanna switch it up from pure multi with a little more co-op action past the stock missions. Nazi zombie mods especially would benefit from simply having more maps and possibly weapon options.

pure multi I hope spawns something like this. Since there are vehicles now in cod5, and we are seeing 40-50 person servers, how far fetched would a BF2 style mod be away. Even if you just add more tanks, which shouldn't be that difficult, to say something like jeeps, or half tracks. The maps would have to get bigger, but even in COD4 mod maps were showing increasing size. The stock maps for COD5 are already bigger. WW2 Karkand or my fav mashtur, would be nice. Heck we got squads already.

Which would bring up another question, flying vehicles. I know some one had a rudimentary jet working in COD4, where you could hop in and out even. And there was the AI helicopters. Helicopters don't fit in the setting, but planes do. Of course this is the furthest likely possible addition.

For now I'd be happy with just some COD4 mod map ports, screw the time periods, I want ridiculous variety.

Re: Mod hopes, ideas, potential ect. wishful thinking

Originally posted by sithdemon View Post
    Nazi zombie mods especially would benefit from simply having more maps and possibly weapon options.
    I'm happy to report that some zombie mods/maps are already in progress.

I've also heard from a pretty reliable source that the mod tools are getting very close to being released to the public, which will start the ball rolling even faster for MP/co-op.

Stay tuned!

Comment

lol, the public is never happy, wanting a mod already, its not even been out a month.

Comment

There are already mods out there. For example promod which is a competitive mod disabling sprint... changing weapon speed, making the game like cod1 basically. You will either enjoy that or not. But its a mod.

Also I know people will develop things like base assault, and jeeps etc will no doubt be modded into the game! Tanks are in etc. Bots for the servers. All sorts of things

And remember the code has been very similar for the last few years. People are generally more experianced now and understand how cod4 works.

Comment

Mods in cod5 will be sex. Give it some time and let the modders get at it!

Comment

Im happy to be hearing about the mods, but im with a few people, the game hasnt been out 2 weeks yet and people are already asking.

Comment

I'm hoping someone can mod in a new perk. The Mike Vick perk so when those goddamn dogs come near me I can choke them out and kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGDarkyDizzle
                I'm hoping someone can mod in a new perk. The Mike Vick perk so when those goddamn dogs come near me I can choke them out and kill them.
                set scr_hardpoint_allowdogs "0"

// Dog Settings
                set scr_dog_count "1"
                set scr_dog_hardpoint_interval "180"
                set scr_dog_health "5"
                set scr_dog_max_at_once "1"
                set scr_dog_time "60"

You do not need to play on servers with dogs! Find one that turns them off. In WaW you can turn off the dogs hardpoint (basically turn off dogs).

Or alter the count of them, their health etc. Props to Treyarch for this.

Comment

Working...
                X