Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could somebody explain this to me?

B. Charges to Your Credit Card.

ALL STEAM FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. Valve reserves the right to change our fees or billing methods at any time and Valve will provide notice of any such change at least thirty (30) days advance. All changes will be posted as amendments to this Agreement or in the Rules of Use and you are responsible for reviewing the billing section of Steam to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your non-cancellation of your Account or an affected Subscription thirty (30) days after posting of the changes on Steam means that you accept such changes. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may cancel your Account or a particular Subscription at any time as described below, but Valve will not refund any fees that may have accrued to your Account before cancellation of your Account or Subscription, and Valve will not prorate fees for any cancellation. If your use of Steam is subject to any type of use or sales tax, then Valve may also charge you for any such taxes, in addition to the Subscription or other fees published in the Rules of Use. The European Union VAT (�VAT�) tax amounts collected by Valve reflect VAT due on the value of any Steam Software or Subscription as well as import VAT collected which is to be paid to the tax authorities for the importation of Merchandise.

As the Account holder, you are responsible for all charges incurred, including applicable taxes, and all purchases made by you or anyone that uses your Account, including your family or friends. Information on how to cancel your Account or a particular Subscription can be found at http://www.steampowered.com/. Valve reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred before you cancel your Account or a particular Subscription. In the event that your Account or a particular subscription is terminated or canceled, no refund, including any Subscription fees, will be granted. Any delinquent or unpaid Accounts must be settled before Valve will allow you to register again.
    Take note of the bolded text. Is it just me, or does Valve not tell you about their weekend deals and other sales up until they're coming out with them? They don't notify you if a game you just bought goes down in price (do they).

Re: Could somebody explain this to me?

Of course not, Valve is a company who will strive for profits. If they would tell you the game would be 20 bucks cheaper the next day then that would be very stupid of them.

Comment

Well, lets all form a Class Action Lawsuit against them for breach of contract.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure how Steam works or what all of its features are...but in general, lines like the one bolded above refer to ongoing fees (eg. subscriptions, premium monthly accounts, etc), not purchases of separate one-off products.

We see these often with cellular or cable companies. eg: If you're paying $5/month for a service, they can't just raise it to $10/month without telling you about it - that's where the 1 month notice would come in. I don't think it's meant to apply to a product (game) that you have purchased, which then goes on sale a day/week later.

Again, I'm not sure if Steam has any sorts of monthly fees/subscriptions, but if they do, this is what that sentence is referring to.

Comment

Ahh yeah I think that's right. Thanks.

EVE Online is a subscription service.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            I'm not 100% sure how Steam works or what all of its features are...but in general, lines like the one bolded above refer to ongoing fees (eg. subscriptions, premium monthly accounts, etc), not purchases of separate on-off products.

We see these often with cellular or cable companies. eg: If you're paying $5/month for a service, they can't just raise it to $10/month without telling you about it - that's where the 1 month notice would come in. I don't think it's meant to apply to a product (game) that you have purchased, which then goes on sale a day/week later.

Again, I'm not sure if Steam has any sorts of monthly fees/subscriptions, but if they do, this is what that sentence is referring to.
            :nod:

That was my first thought.

Comment

Thank goodness Whiskey visits these areas as well.

You all wouldve gotten PWNED in the court system.

You should give Whiskey your legal fees.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
              X