Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I buy COD5 online but download it, not get the CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy COD5 online but download it, not get the CD?

Hey guys,

I love the Call of Duty series, I've played the beta and I just love it. I want to get the game online though. It's already out here in Switzerland but I'd like to download it because I don't want the game to be in French. I heard there's an option when you're installing the game but I never get it cause the idiots who change the language make it so you HAVE to have it in French! Get what I mean? So like my friend got BF2142 online and DLed (download...) it, so I'm wondering if I can do the same with COD5. Bt legally, I don't want to cheat and get it for free.

Danke
    Thanks
    Merci

:salute:

Re: Where can I buy COD5 online but download it, not get the CD?

Well its being released on Steam in november sometime

Comment

Stream? What's that?

Would I be able to buy it now on some kind of Torrent?

I just got back from the store and once again, the tards who do the translating don't let you pick the language!!! How ****ing rediculous is that???!!!! Anywho I'm going to get it online.

Internet Download > CD-DVD anyday!

Comment

Steam is this huge center Valve made for purchasing games online and downloading the content. Out of all the download content people out there, I personally think Steam has their act together and have been the most reliable. They are not perfect, but way better than some of the others.

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Direct2Drive

An IGN download service.

Comment

Many thanks guys. Finally a game in English...got sick of the Marines saying "Bon boulot"... sounds pathetic...me likes ORAAAAAAAAH LETS FRY SOME JAPS!

Comment

You could buy it from the UK eBay. There are probably a few who would send to Europe.

Comment

Steam is the best way to go, imo.

It's how all the Half Life games are run, as well as anything else made by valve (along with quite a few other games that they sell, like the CoD series) If you haven't heard of any of Valve's games, I suggest you climb out from under that rock.

Comment

Steam is the way of the future.

Comment

Steam for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                      Well its being released on Steam in november sometime
                      It's out now.

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Call of Duty is back, redefining war like you've never experienced before. Building on the Call of Duty 4®: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War immerses players into the most gritty and chaotic WWII combat ever experienced.

Comment

I heard gamestop might be adding a downloadable ability on their website, if you purchase the game you can still receive it in the box, but download before it arrives or something like that.

Comment

Thanks alot Whiskey! I will download it tomorrow when I get my new PC. How high could I cap my FPS and not have it drop under it with this system I'm getting.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.00GHz
                          NVIDIA GeForce ASUS EN8800GT 256mb
                          3GB Kingston RAM (I wanted Corsair...)
                          Windows Vista Home Premium

I was hoping I could type in /com_maxFPS 100 and never have it drop under it. With max settings on 800x600 resolution. Can I go higher?

Comment

You should be able to play on all high i think.

Comment

OK I've got my PC now. I'm installing all the updates. One last..."Issue".

I updated my P5B mobo and now I have the P5KPL-AM. SO with only two RAM slots now I have 2GB, with Windows Vista. Hope it all runs ok...

Comment

Working...
                              X