Thoughts after playing the full game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts after playing the full game

Starting a new thread to put your 2 cents in (or pence for you brits, at least I think that's what it translates to).

3 things:

1. Whoever was moaning about the demo being too easy needs to die in a fire. Advanced is now the equivalent of expert imho. The finale of a chapter is especially tough. (Mofo'ken tanks on mah rooftop knockin' me off )

2. The AI doesn't seem as smart as it was in the demo, disappointing.

3. Matchmaking still kind of sucks, they need to put the good ol' fashioned server browser in there (on the menu instead of just a console command).

Re: Thoughts after playing the full game

I won't get it until friday. (ohno)

As for matchmaking. I hated playing the demo with strangers. Half the time they wouldn't know what they were doing, wouldn't communicate well, etc.

Comment

i m not going to get this dint liked it that much actualy i m realy disapointed this game was made by the makers of counter strike !!!! would have been cool if they made up a new cs though. i think they saw a chance making money out of this because they saw how populaire zombie mods wher/are for css.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
        i m not going to get this dint liked it that much actualy i m realy disapointed this game was made by the makers of counter strike !!!! would have been cool if they made up a new cs though. i think they saw a chance making money out of this because they saw how populaire zombie mods wher/are for css.
        wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
          I'm not going to get this, didn't like it that much actually. I'm really disappointed as this game was made by the makers of Counter Strike and all!!!! Would have been cool if they made up a new CS though. I think they saw an opportunity to make money out of this because they saw how popular zombie mods were/are for css.
          Fixed the grammer & all for you.

Anyway, I wouldn't doubt that the (extremely popular) CS:S zombie mod was an inspiration for this, this is way better. For example, zombie mod is limited by how many people there are to play zombies/zombies aren't realistic/etc....L4D really replicates the feeling of those zombie movies where anything can (and does) happen.

Also, you might be disappointed with L4D because it's not really "twitch" the way CS is. That exact thing makes me like it (and made me like TF2 before it) more. See, in my experience, CS doesn't require you to stick together/make a plan. As long as your aiming abilities are better then the opponent's, just run in really (Unless you get flashbanged, but guess what's banned on a lot of servers?). Because of this, CS always seemed like a grind to me instead of a game. (except zombie mod obviously)

Being of fairly lousy twitch ability myself, I prefer games that have more of a focus on strategy and teamwork then zomg headshots. L4D is pretty much that.

Comment

Also, I also won't be getting the game until this weekend, probably Saturday...:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheJob
              Also, I also won't be getting the game until this weekend, probably Saturday...:cry:
              maybe friday for me.

Comment

Then we can play together this weekend, and I'll hide in all the safe rooms!

Comment

Then we can play together this weekend, and I'll hide in all the safe rooms!
                  :awesome!!!!!

Comment

Versus mode is simply amazing!

Comment

Then we can play together this weekend, and I'll hide in all the safe rooms and then get killed by smokers!
                      Fixed.

Anyway, versus tips:

Survivors:

1. It's not so much if you make it or not, versus is just how far you get. Of course if the other team made it you pretty much have to finish the level as well, but most of the time both teams die out as survivors.

2. Friendly fire is off as far as I know. If a boss (other then a boomer of course) is next to your teammate, don't be hesitant in your aim.

3. Don't get too caught up with the regular zombies. Even in a crowd of them, focus on looking out for bosses.

4. Try to think "where would I be if I was a boomer/hunter/smoker?" More often then not, the answer will be exactly where you find that boomer/hunter/smoker.

5. Remember to look out for hunters/smokers on your teammates when fighting the tank. I see a lot of people standing not 20 feet from someone getting gutted or strangled and they're still firing at the tank in the distance (I actually got a lot of my smoker kills in that fashion). All it takes is one melee attack to free them.

Zombies:

1. As boomer, try to go for places that force close combat, such as right past a doorway at the end of an alleyway, or right after a hole the survivors must drop down. I daresay that where you die is more important then what you do alive as a boomer. Don't think about survival, just think about getting as many survivors close to you as possible when you die. If you get into melee range start clawing them to make them panic, they might shoot you instead of push you away.

2. As smoker a good tactic is to focus on people lagging behind instead of people running ahead. The others will be forced to retreat or split, good for your team in either case. Also, remember that height is your friend. Or anything else that can provide you cover while strangling someone.

3. As hunter, remember that you make a lot of noise when charged for a pounce, so if your hiding, time you crouch as they pass by and leap onto one the second pounce is ready.

4. A good strategy I saw with the tank is to go for another survivor as soon as you down one. After all, they aren't going anywhere, and a hunter or boomer can easily take care of them.

Comment

Friendly fire is on in versus mode, but it is very slight.

Comment

My first thoughts were, who is this Kibbles and where can I abduct him from??

Comment

Working...
                          X