Gewehr 43

Comment

Re: Ze Limper's High Res Weapon Skinpack

That's cool man. Wish they allowed them based on player preference. =\

Comment

Originally posted by Unclean009 View Post
        That's cool man. Wish they allowed them based on player preference. =\
        The problem is when jackasses modify their games to cheat. If you could use whatever skins you want, there would be people who would play this game in 2D with bright colors looking like Tron just to get an advantage.
        At first glance, modifying your own weapon skins doesn't seem like it could give someone an advantage. That is until someone makes their Tommy look like a P90 complete with red dot sight. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to use custom hi-res skins for myself. This world is far from perfect, though.

Comment

So, can these be used in multiplayer without problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
            The problem is when jackasses modify their games to cheat. If you could use whatever skins you want, there would be people who would play this game in 2D with bright colors looking like Tron just to get an advantage.
            At first glance, modifying your own weapon skins doesn't seem like it could give someone an advantage. That is until someone makes their Tommy look like a P90 complete with red dot sight. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to use custom hi-res skins for myself. This world is far from perfect, though.
            Mr. Negative, eh? Ever played CSS?

Sure, there were some people who used cheat guns, but for many the ability to use custom skins/models/sounds was very useful and entertaining. Basically every kid that would use those cheat guns already actually cheats/hacks, so it's no real drawback. Anyways, I personally hate the textures in CoD5, so I wish I was able to use the custom skins online.

Back to the point, the skins look nice (hard to tell the immediate difference w/o seeing a side-by-side comparison) - maybe they'll be used in a mod or something. And, if I read the OP's post correctly, did you say that admins can choose to allow modified skins? That'd be sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
              You CAN use them on multiplayer IF the server has them on there aswell

if the server dont have it u Can NOT use them
              OR u Can use them on Unpure servers,..but those are very rare to find

Originally posted by Zuke` View Post
              Mr. Negative, eh? Ever played CSS?

Sure, there were some people who used cheat guns, but for many the ability to use custom skins/models/sounds was very useful and entertaining. Basically every kid that would use those cheat guns already actually cheats/hacks, so it's no real drawback. Anyways, I personally hate the textures in CoD5, so I wish I was able to use the custom skins online.

Back to the point, the skins look nice (hard to tell the immediate difference w/o seeing a side-by-side comparison) - maybe they'll be used in a mod or something. And, if I read the OP's post correctly, did you say that admins can choose to allow modified skins? That'd be sweet!
              the players will automaticly download them once they connect to the server.
              but we have to wait a bit for that as mod support is not enabled as of now...

there will be lots of servers using skins on them once we get the modtools

Comment

CSS was always great for sins, its a shame really, BF" introduced the whole idea of a "ranked" server, and since that you cant have legitimate skins.

Comment

If the skins have to be on the server, hopefully there is a vetting process that ensures that only "approved" skins can be used. That would allow people to have hi-res skins without opening the door to douchesacs exploiting the system.
                  And yes, I have played CSS and a ton of other games. I remember people making custom lightsabers in JO and JA that had 3 blades and were 8 feet long. I remember people making transparent player skins and midget skins in QIII and games based on that engine. If there is an opening, people WILL take advantage of it to get a leg up over other players.
                  Hell, there are threads around here that have people changing up their config files to make foliage, smoke and shellshock effects go away so they gain an advantage. There are people talking about getting 125fps so they can jump higher or whatever. There is a whole meta-game in play that revolves around squeezing whatever gameplay advantage that can be had over normal players.
                  I'm not a pessimist, just a realist when it comes to trusting people to do the right thing.

Comment

Very nice
                    Used to see alot of this stuff going on FPS banna for CS:S and DOD:S but these are really hq , real nice outcome

Comment

lol, change the Aperture to the red dot sight and so on and so forth and we have Modern Warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                        Custom textures will no longer allow the server to be "pure", so unless something has changed from COD4, using these will make the server unranked and require a custom server setup.

Comment

Awsome skin man!! If we can have this awsome graphinque gun in the cod5waw:yay:

Comment

Nice skins m8! Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

an update,
                              Arisaka+Carbine

Comment

Working...
                              X