xfire recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xfire recording

Ok I'm trying to start recording vids now in bf2 but are having some issues with this recording program through xfire. When the action gets a bit hot or I do a low fly by in the jet it gets very slow and choppy. Also, the sound is wayyyyy over lapsed. I hear the ak shooting and a bit later it shoots.

I've tried a few things:

-30/60/100fps
    -full size
    -half size
    -no sound

All with the same results but 100fps, half size, no sound seems to work best over all out of all the choices.

Could it be because I changed my xfire video folder to my other HD? I have xfire installed on C which my small 74gb raptop hd so I changed the video folder to D which is like 320gb. I was reading a review that suggested for one of the recording programs that you have it record to a HD that you're game is not on...

And what software should I use for video editing? I been dieing to make some kind of frag video lol.

Re: xfire recording

1) Xfire video recording blows
    2) Get Fraps
    3) Use Fraps with 29.97FPS and Half Size, with whatever sound you want, and record to whatever hard drive you want. Sometimes I like "What U Hear" because it's funny to record video along with Ventrilo conversations that are picked up through my mic.

I use Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro, depending on my mood. They're both good video editors. I actually just made a 13 minute video the other day, but apparently Vimeo doesn't like gaming videos anymore. Douchebags.

Comment

what's so diffrent between xfire and FRAPs video rec? Is it just quality or just personal prefrence? I've used xfire a little and its just nice and easy to use but not really dont anything with the videos I've reced but aint noticed a huge diffrence at just general looking? Also are you refering to the newest version of xfire video capture or the early beta versions?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
        I've used xfire a little and its just nice and easy to use but not really dont anything with the videos I've reced but aint noticed a huge diffrence at just general looking?
        What??!?!

Also, Xfire video recording almost always slows down my fps more than, and thus makes the videos look worse than, the almighty FRAPS.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 LoGoS.^CyN.TV* View Post
          What??!?!

Also, Xfire video recording almost always slows down my fps more than, and thus makes the videos look worse than, the almighty FRAPS.
          was wondering why you thought Xfire rec blows, was just wondering if it was just personal preference or something to do with the quality of the videos it makes.

is it only FPS then? If so think I'll just be using Xfire rec for just the odd funny thing I see ingame or w/e I want to take a vid of but if I'm doing a big video think I'll use FRAPS

Comment

I just made this :laugh: Recorded it about 15 minutes ago.

It probably won't be up for a few minutes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ZVrT267CE[/media]

Laser guided glitch TVs FTW!!!!!!

Comment

Actually I read reviews based on 4 seperate types of software to record with including: FRAPS, Xfire, Gamecam, and Wegame. At the end of each brief but to the point descriptions was a small ratings chart including: price, quality, ease of use, sound, and features. Now after reading this short but descriptive review, this individual openly said he was a regular FRAPS user and enjoyed it a lot. This to me would indicate that he would probably have a bias view of the others but he in fact rated FRAPS as one of the last choices to use and highly recommended Xfire.

the review can be found here if you really want to read it:

Gaming articles at Xfire, covering everything you need to know about Gaming.

And I don't have a problem playing the game, its as if I had no video recording going on what so ever in game so there is no performance drops/problems. The only problem is watching the videos themselves, it's almost as if my HD can't write down the information fast enough I think. But then again it's not like my computer is bad, its only like a year old and I OC my E6600 to 3.4ghz..

Also the software you mentioned above, do I need to pay to use this stuff? When you said Sony I just saw $$$ signs and adobe I'm not sure about.

Comment

Ugh xfire is ok but very laggy and the codec sucks in a way so you can'tuse it for something really useful other than upload it through xfire itself.

Fraps, record at half-size 60 FPS and the game goes really really smooth. Quality is flawless and the way it works is simple and not very system demanding.

Call me biased if you want but I've tried most of the others and they aren't too good.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                  Ugh xfire is ok but very laggy and the codec sucks in a way so you can'tuse it for something really useful other than upload it through xfire itself.

Fraps, record at half-size 60 FPS and the game goes really really smooth. Quality is flawless and the way it works is simple and not very system demanding.

Call me biased if you want but I've tried most of the others and they aren't too good.
                  I see so the problem lies within the efficientcy of the programing itself because xfire has a number of options to use but they all seem to be victims of lag. I guess my final test will be half size @ 30FPS or maybe it goes lower I'm not very sure right now.

Apparently you can use FRAPS for free as trial which only allows 30 second clips, not too bad I suppose when you just turn it on before some action starts but then again the best stuff is the unexpected surprises that arise which can only be truely captured during a full recording.. I'll have to think about buying FRAPS though.

In the meantime I'm going to try to see if I can edit some of my video files I have recorded already, even though there is some choppyness in some action moments they were nonetheless very awesome to watch again. Hopefully I can post them up on youtube soon enough for you guys to see another rookie bf2 movie

---edit----

I'ma try windows movie maker 2 for XP only first and see how that goes. It is suppose to be simple to use with drop and drag features??? As well I can implement music into it so thats a bonus. I'm sure I will figure it all out quickly since it is a windows XP app, it should have gone through the customer friendlyness program enough by now for a rookie like I.

And it seems Adobe Premiere Pro costs $$$ to use so that for now is a no no but I am buying a HF10 Canon in the coming weeks, just waiting on Paypal to get my money xfer. Maybe I will get that for free along with the camcordeR? How sweet thatll be!

Comment

Learn to use torrents. Then you won't have to pay for Adobe, Vegas, or FRAPS. I have the pro versions of all of them for free.

If I say any more I'll probably get banned.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 LoGoS.^CyN.TV*
                      Learn to use torrents. Then you won't have to pay for Adobe, Vegas, or FRAPS. I have the pro versions of all of them for free.

If I say any more I'll probably get banned.

Yes torrent is your friend.I get anything i need lol.

Comment

zzz ok torrents.. I know someone who is big on that stuff who can prolly highlight to how to use em.

Thanks.

Bytheway, do those programs come with video converting modes on them? Because I'd like to make a small video but i need to lower the quality of some scenes and everything that says it is free on download.com then tells me I need to upgrade to the platinum version or pro versions to convert videos into another format (its stupid and a waste of time and false advertisement).

Comment

This is the best free one that I know of http://www.download.com/Any-Video-Co...dlPid=10902213

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
                            This is the best free one that I know of http://www.download.com/Any-Video-Co...dlPid=10902213
                            That thing is complete garbage. I have it and everytime I try to convert a high quality video down it tells me to upgrade to premium package.

Comment

have you tried virtual dub?

"Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X