Blue screen of death :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen of death :(

When I click "leave game" on the ingame menu I've gotten a few blue screens. It restarts my comp and everything still works (so far, hehe ) but I'd like to fix this asap. I have the latest videocard drivers and latest version of directX, so I don't know what could cause it. Could it be my soundcard?

Re: Blue screen of death

I have had this happen as well...the blue screen flicks for just a second, then the PC restarts. This happened a fair bit during the PC Beta, but less on the retail version.

I've most often had it when leaving a game, as you said. I've also had it happen twice in a row when trying to take a screenshot (F12) at the end of a co-op zombie game when the leaderboard was up.

I also have DX and my Nvidia drivers up to date. Can't rule it out, but because of the nature of the crash (end of match), I wouldn't think it would be audio-related.

ps. Check your controls and graphics settings...sometimes the crash seems to reset some of them (resolution, and my crouch & prone controls). So far, my stats have been fine, and I back them up each time I'm done playing (or before I start).

Comment

Did your stats reset?

Comment

Mine haven't, but I've been backing them up as well. My favorites list did reset, though. I just really wish I knew how to fix this problem :/

Comment

Ooooo you are lucky they didn't reset, or at least people are saying that the BSOD's are the culprits behind stat reseting.

Comment

Well, I've found the solution for at least 1 of the BSOD crashes out there. I'll post it in both these threads just to be sure.

For me, I'd get a crash when taking a screenshot. I've discovered that in the screenshots folder, I had "View" set to "Thumbnails", which puts a hidden "thumbs.db" file in the folder.

As long as the thumbs.db file is in there, even if I change the View back to "Details", the game would crash if I took a screenie with F12.

If I delete the thumbs.db file and keep the View set to Details, no crashes.

So, if you're getting BSOD's, enable "View Hidden Files & Folders", and check your Screenshots folder for thumbs.db, and if it's there, delete it, and set your View to Details.

This may or may not solve your problem completely, but will help to eliminate one variable at least. Try it, and see if you still get any BSOD crashes.

Comment

1337, similar thread:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Check it out.

Comment

A friend had the exact same problem, sometimes even worse. His problem was an overheating CPU, the game makes it run very hot. I too had an overheating CPU, but after blowing off the dust the game runs flawlessly.

Comment

Well I had 3 times bsod
                  the third did it...Im a private again
                  Did not know about this problem
                  Look like I have to start all over....what ******* made this game?

Comment

Working...
                  X