• Show
Clear All

• no not console commands :|

Can some people give me a list of useful console commands in cod5

help would be very appreciated

Re: no not console commands :|

I'll have to go ingame to look up a few, but here's a couple:

/bind f4 cg_fov 80

(I bound it to a key, because cod5 resets your fov for some odd reason)

/d_dof 0
    (can't remember what is supposed to replace the d, I'll check though)

/cg_maxfps 125

Then you can mess around with your snaps and such to improve your registry. I'm still looking for a way to remove decals :/

Comment

Can anyone get the fps command to work?

Comment

First, there is currently a bug (or really bad design decision) in COD:WW where some of the tweaks/commands you put in keep getting reset. There is a work-around for this, but it involves making changes directly in your config_mp.cfg file, instead of going through the in-game console. Be sure to first make a backup copy of this file, just in case you change something you don't want.

Here is the default path in WinXP (Vista will be similar) to that file. You can open it, and edit it using Wordpad/Notepad/etc.:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles\<profilena me>\config_mp.cfg

Commands

cg_drawFPS - this one does not work at the moment. We'll have to wait to see if they fix it in a patch. You'll have to use XFire or another app in the meantime to see your frame-rate.

cg_fov - this is the popular command to "zoom out" your screen to 80 degrees instead of the default of 65. This is one of the ones that keeps getting annoyingly reset. But there is a fix. In the config_mp.cfg, find the line where you have your forward movement key bound (default is "W"). Change it to this, exactly: bind W "+forward;cg_fov 80"
        Now, as soon as you spawn and move forward, it will go to 80 automatically.

cg_drawLagometer - this one worked in the PC Beta, but I haven't tested it in the full version. It should hopefully still work. Set it to: seta cg_drawLagometer "1" to turn it on.

com_maxFPS - puts a cap on your frame-rate, and allows higher FPS. By default, it is locked out at 85 fps. This is another one that keeps getting reset. You can use the same trick as above ^ to bind it to a key though. It may even work to triple-bind it to your movement key (ie. bind W "+forward;cg_fov 80;com_maxfps 125".

r_dof_enable - turns the (annoying) depth-of-field blur on/off. To turn it off in the config, set it to: seta r_dof_enable "0". This one seems to stay OK on its own.

Compass Arrow sizes - one of the tricks in COD4 was to make the icons on the compass (mini-map) smaller so that they don't block your view. These may keep getting reset as well, so they might need to be bound to a key. Because W is already in use, I bind it to my "sprint" key: SHIFT. There's a bunch of them, and I haven't tested out to see exactly which ones do what, but in general I like them all to be smaller. Here's what I have bound...feel free to mess around with them on your own and change the numbers slightly up/down to make the icons bigger or smaller to your own taste. This is all one long line in the config, and bind2 is on purpose:
        bind2 SHIFT "cg_hudMapFriendlyHeight 12;cg_hudMapFriendlyWidth 12;cg_hudMapPlayerHeight 12;cg_hudMapPlayerWidth 12;compassFriendlyHeight 12;compassFriendlyWidth 12;compassObjectiveArrowHeight 12;compassObjectiveArrowWidth 12;compassObjectiveHeight 12;compassObjectiveIconHeight 12;compassObjectiveIconWidth 12;compassObjectiveWidth 12;compassPlayerHeight 12;compassPlayerWidth 12"

Objective Arrow/Icon Sizes - similar to the above, except these are the ones on your main screen ("Bomb", "Defend", "Capture", etc). Normally, they are more than big enough to block your view of enemy players and get you killed. For whatever reason, the command to make them smaller is not in the config, but the same ones from COD4 work, so we can use them:
        seta waypointIconHeight "18"
        seta waypointIconWidth "18"
        (18 makes them half the size...adjust the number up or down to your own tastes, or get rid of them completely by making them 1 or 0)

seta cg_blood "1" & seta cg_brass "1" - change these to "0" to save some fps.

seta cg_drawBreathHint "1" & seta cg_drawMantleHint "1"
        - change to "0" to not have that text onscreen.

seta cg_hudGrenadeIconInScope "0" - change to "1" to see the nade warning while scoped.

seta cg_subtitles "0" - change to "1" to see subtitles onscreen. I'm not sure if this is only for SP or MP as well.

seta r_fullscreen "1" - if you want to play in windowed-mode, change this to "0".

seta cl_maxpackets - supposed to improve your communication with the server, and possibly your hit detection. Not sure if this one gets reset or not. You may want to bind it to a movement key as with others above if you want to change it.

seta cg_hudGrenadeIconEnabledFlash "0" - change to "1" if you want to see a grenade indicator when someone throws a flare at you.

Server onscreen text - annoyed by big "WELCOME TO OUR SERVER!!!"-type of text and message-of-the-day's? You can make them smaller and not go as far across your screen by changing these values:
        seta cg_gameBoldMessageWidth
        seta cg_gameMessageWidth

MISC
        There's a whole bunch of commands you can use to tweak your fps even more. I'm not an expert on these, so I recommend looking them up from COD4 tweak guides, and/or the "yitch" configs from www.bashandslash.com: http://www.bashandslash.com. Again, be sure to make a backup of your config_mp.cfg first, in case you mess anything up.

a couple examples:

seta r_zFeather "0" - This used to be "Soften Smoke Edges" back in CoD4, but for some reason in CoD5 it is on by default and there is no option in the menu to turn it off. So that's the console command to disable it, it will give a 10-20 fps boost especially for those of you with lower end video cards.)

seta r_dlightlimit "0" - That turns off Dynamic lighting which will give you an extra 5-10frames/sec especially in firefights.

Hope that helps.

ps. Punkbuster - in COD4, you could adjust PB so that it didn't communicate with the server as often, thus reducing some lag. These you should do in-game through the console, as I'm not sure if they work in the config.
        /pb_sleep 500 - sets the max allowed "sleep" time
        /pb_writecfg - writes the above to the pb config to (hopefully) make it permanent.

Worth a shot at the very least.

Comment

Added a couple more someone posted on the kiddie forums. I haven't verified, so use at your own discretion:

seta r_zFeather "0" - This used to be "Soften Smoke Edges" back in CoD4, but for some reason in CoD5 it is on by default and there is no option in the menu to turn it off. So that's the console command to disable it, it will give a 10-20 fps boost especially for those of you with lower end video cards.)

seta r_dlightlimit "0" - That turns off Dynamic lighting which will give you an extra 5-10frames/sec especially in firefights.

Comment

Added 2 more sections:

Objective Arrow/Icon Sizes - similar to the above, except these are the ones on your main screen ("Bomb", "Defend", "Capture", etc). Normally, they are more than big enough to block your view of enemy players and get you killed. For whatever reason, the command to make them smaller is not in the config, but the same ones from COD4 work, so we can use them:
            seta waypointIconHeight "18"
            seta waypointIconWidth "18"
            (18 makes them half the size...adjust the number up or down to your own tastes, or get rid of them completely by making them 1 or 0)

Server onscreen text - annoyed by big "WELCOME TO OUR SERVER!!!"-type of text and message-of-the-day's? You can make them smaller and not go as far across your screen by changing these values:
            seta cg_gameBoldMessageWidth
            seta cg_gameMessageWidth

Comment

Anyone know of a working code for binding a key to start&stop demorecording in CoD5?
              Like this one in CoD4's mp_config file:
              Code:
              //Demo recording og stop recording med BACKSPACE key.
              seta demo_start "record; set demo_tog vstr demo_stop"
              seta demo_stop "stoprecord; set demo_tog vstr demo_start"
              seta demo_tog "vstr demo_start"
              bind BACKSPACE "vstr demo_tog"
              I tried putting it in CoD5 but it doesen't seem to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Luremus
                Anyone know of a working code for binding a key to start&stop demorecording in CoD5?.
                The /record function in COD:WW currently does not work. Treyarch is aware of it. I think we'll probably see it fixed in the next patch or two.

Comment

Whiskey, once again, you own. :thumbsup:

And yeah, I was going to post some news about an upcoming patch, but I think it's still kind of in the 'rumor' mode right now. I mean, we know it's coming, but word.

Comment

Game was much more enjoyable! Mainly b/c of the fov at 80. I don't feel like a horse with blinders anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X