No love for AT kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No love for AT kit

I don't think anyone have brought up a topic for this before but I've been wondering why the AT kit has the least sprint bar. I know... because he's got heavy gears on but still, what's not realistic in this game when you have parachute backpack.
    I believe AT kit should have more sprint bar so that they can be a threat to tanks. I can't even catch up with one or try to sprint the corner to cut him off, instead I find myself huffing and wheezing for air watching the tank roll off into the sunset. I can't even run away from a tank after shooting him to go hide because I always end up walking in like 4 seconds then he speeds by and blows me to dust. No survival ability at all especially someone who is able to stand up to a behemoth.

Re: No love for AT kit

I don't know about you, but when I'm anti-tank I'm usually no where near a tank when I blow them up. I'm a pretty good "AT-sniper" and I can hit them far enough away so that I can barely make them out. The low sprint bar isn't a problem for me.

Why would you be up close to them, anyway? The rocket has huge range, and you guide it yourself.

Comment

If I ground pound on Dragon Valley, I'm almost always AT. The trick there is to stay hidden and engage tanks from far away.

Comment

I think the sprint limit is intentional, to prevent one ATer from sprinting circles around a tank launching rocket after rocket into it.
        Like others said, AT is best used at a distance from armor. You get a controlled shot, and time to hide afterwards to avoid retaliatory fire.
        To me, spec-ops and engineers are the only ones who should engage a tank up close.

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke
          I think the sprint limit is intentional, to prevent one ATer from sprinting circles around a tank launching rocket after rocket into it.
          Like others said, AT is best used at a distance from armor. You get a controlled shot, and time to hide afterwards to avoid retaliatory fire.
          To me, spec-ops and engineers are the only ones who should engage a tank up close.
          Yes but if you are playing kubra dam or dragon valley sure thats okay, but when you're in a tight ally buildings like city maps you dont really have a long clear view. The point is you just can't keep up with a tank.

Comment

gotta hope someone else is AT too if you wonna kill tanks. I don't even waste my time with that crap cuz almost no one is AT and u need 3 rockets to kill a tank which is over half ur ammo and for what? One lousy kill. No thanks, land mines are more effective.

A lot of things do not make sense in bf2, and I think AT is on the lower end of that list to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by System
              gotta hope someone else is AT too if you wonna kill tanks. I don't even waste my time with that crap cuz almost no one is AT and u need 3 rockets to kill a tank which is over half ur ammo and for what? One lousy kill. No thanks, land mines are more effective.

A lot of things do not make sense in bf2, and I think AT is on the lower end of that list to be honest.
              Maybe it's because I play a lot of highway tampa, but I find it to be the exact opposite of what you said. On the server I play on (full 64 slot tampa) tanks and apcs don't stand a chance against infantry unless they're shooting at a base from really far away and use techniques to dodge AT rockets like poking themselves out from behind a building when they want to shoot.

Comment

Try to use height and cover whenever you can. Tanks are pretty easy to take out if you can buy yourself enough time.

Comment

I think the kit is fine...decent SMG's and the AT rocket is a really effective anti-infantry weapon when you get used to it.

Comment

Well yeah the AT kit is fine to be honest but my only concern is I'm suppose to hunt down tanks but how can I even catch up to one.

Comment

AT is/was one of my most played kits. Its got the best of both worlds:

carbine with decent mag size.
                      AT rockets vs armor.
                      AT rockets for sniping nubs.

hah, after getting reset my new AT kdr is 47.0
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                        AT is/was one of my most played kits. Its got the best of both worlds:

carbine with decent mag size.
                        AT rockets vs armor.
                        AT rockets for sniping nubs.

hah, after getting reset my new AT kdr is 47.0
                        Haha, chopper whoring though right? 47 to 1 on the ground would be pure hackage.

Like two thousand more points and I get to unlock the P90, can't wait.

Comment

P90 is overrated, stock SMG's are better.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB
                            Haha, chopper whoring though right? 47 to 1 on the ground would be pure hackage.
                            of course.
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Pfft. I was playing with a sniper friend of mine and he got something like 51-2 in a round of Karkand. 50ish kill streak too.

Comment

Working...
                              X