wow dogs and artillery arent NEAR as bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow dogs and artillery arent NEAR as bad

as chopper and airstrike in CoD4. they did a pretty good job of putting killstreak bonuses into the game without them being overly important. artillery is alot less harmful than the instabomb airstrikes and the dogs are more of an annoyance to the enemy that allows you to make them move or find where they are and make it easier to shoot them.

Re: wow dogs and artillery arent NEAR as bad

They are pretty well balanced. I get a few dog/arty kills and Im happy and I dont wipe out an entire server so everyone else is happy

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Agreed, I love the dogs. I like to follow dogs on my side and hunt down ppl and I like the fact that unlike the chopper you get points for taking out dogs (+3), something that always bugged the crap out of me in COD4. Arty is also great, I love the return of shell shock, like in the earlier versions of BF2 before they removed it for what ever reason.

Comment

I really like getting pts for killing dogs all the way through, not just the first time. If COD4 had that with the chopper, maybe more people would've tried to help shoot it down quickly, instead of just hiding from it and letting their team get slaughtered.

The one thing I did like about the airstrikes in COD4, was that you saw the icon of the jets on the mini-map and could predict their path so you could get out of the way. For arty, you more have to guess where it's gonna drop, and get the hell out of there.

Comment

I have grown to like the dogs. I think if I wouldn't have mistakenly joined a modded server for the first 3 hours I played I wouldn't have had the really bad experience of non-stop dog attacks. Of course, after that all this other dog nonsense is pretty easy!

Sidestep, and lunge = dead poochie. =)

Comment

They seem to have been adjusted in the retail compared to the beta i think. They dont seem to stun you as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              The one thing I did like about the airstrikes in COD4, was that you saw the icon of the jets on the mini-map and could predict their path so you could get out of the way. For arty, you more have to guess where it's gonna drop, and get the hell out of there.
              Actually you can see the Artillery firing off map, and the full arc as it comes down, so once you hear that air raid siren, look up in the sky and you'll have a good idea where it's going in a couple seconds. If you've played BF2 it'll be even easier.

Comment

You forgot the yelling "incoming 10 o'clock!" before you ducked and covered.

Comment

Working...
                X