Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, any new way to transfer your stats from one PC to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, any new way to transfer your stats from one PC to another?

I didn't read a lot about COD5 yesterday, just got it and started killing. The one post I made was basically at the end. So I saw that it connected to some kind of server a server, so I figured all was well, then I installed it on my notebook this morning at work and my stats were at 0 I read something about Ultrastats, but nothing about multiple PCs. Now I'm sitting here at work without any upgrades or perks. Do I have to continue the tradition of carrying my thumb drive with me?

Re: So, any new way to transfer your stats from one PC to another?

Originally posted by RangerXML View Post
    I didn't read a lot about COD5 yesterday, just got it and started killing. The one post I made was basically at the end. So I saw that it connected to some kind of server a server, so I figured all was well, then I installed it on my notebook this morning at work and my stats were at 0 I read something about Ultrastats, but nothing about multiple PCs. Now I'm sitting here at work without any upgrades or perks. Do I have to continue the tradition of carrying my thumb drive with me?
    Your mpdata file is located in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaWbet a\players\profiles\<profilename> for Vista. C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaWbeta\players\profiles\<profi lename> for XP.

It's the same thing as CoD4, just copy and paste. The only requirement is that the games have the same CD-Key.

Comment

So is it likely we'll get a level 65 crack for WaW?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
        So is it likely we'll get a level 65 crack for WaW?
        There's already been one for the beta. :laugh:

Comment

Ultrastats is a program for server admins. They can set it up on a MySQL server, then download there own server log file, and 'parse' the stats into the database. Ultrastats just shows the amount of kills/deaths and maps played... here's an example for CoD4:
          BFE CoD4 Ultrastats Camp 21

With WaW, Treyarch has setup unique profile names, sorta like BF2, except without the password... they set this up because they have added the 'friends' feature into the game, so you can add friends and find where they are playing and then go play with them (like Xfire, except just for WaW)

Comment

Doesn't seem like to far a fetch that they could of done something to keep track of maybe XP and/or lvl (you only really need to keep track of XP). Surprised no one came up with a program to keep your stats shared. I'm thinking of using the Vista build in syncing feature to sync my profile directory with a thumb drive and then syncing that with my notebook or having two separate folders, one for my desktop and one for my notebook synced with the folders on each of my systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
              Your mpdata file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaWbeta\players\profiles\<profi lename> for XP.
              Not for me. In fact I can't find mine anywhere. A fellow clanmate for some reason lost all of his COD4 mpdata. We were playing COD5 and when we finished and went to COD4 it said there was a error and all stats will be wiped. Now he's a 1 again. So I backed up my cod4 data but I cant for the life of me find the cod5 mpdata.

edit* in a moment of mental handicaptness I forgot to make my hidden folders viewable. lol found my mpdata.

Comment

Working...
              X