Game keeps over-writing cg_fov command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game keeps over-writing cg_fov command

First, for those who don't know, this command is NOT a cheat, so don't even bother with comments asking about that.

Ok, this is really driving me nuts. Most people are probably aware of the "/cg_fov 80" command to zoom out the screen a bit and make the game look better on PC and give you some peripheral vision. Worked like a charm in COD4, no problem.

For some reason, if I'm in-game, I'll spawn with it at cg_fov 65. I can change it to 80 through the console, but if the map changes or another S&D round begins, it keeps going back to 65.

I've tried the following through the console to make it stick, but with no luck:
    /cg_fov 80
    /set cg_fov 80
    /seta cg_fov 80
    /setu cg_fov 80

I've tried going right into the config_mp.cfg file to change it to 80, save it...but it's 65 again when I go into game.

I've tried to make the file read-only, but it still gets over-ridden.

I'm using WinXP and the path for the config_mp.cfg file is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles\<profile_n ame>

It looks like the game also keeps setting the max_fps back to 85, after I bump it up to 125.

Is anyone else having a problem with this? Any ideas on why the game isn't writing to the .cfg file properly/keep over-writing it?

Re: Game keeps over-writing cg_fov command

UPDATE: ok, seems like tons of people are also finding this on the cod.com forums...and it may be linked to servers that either have killcam and/or respawn delays.

A temp fix suggested would be to bind it to your W key so that when you spawn and start moving, it will reset.

To do that, try putting the following exactly as is into your config_mp.cfg file (copy over the existing W bind):

bind W "+forward;cg_fov 80" (I couldn't get this to work in the console, but it did work using the config file)

Or, if you prefer a single key (eg. F5) use this:

bind F5 "cg_fov 80"

Comment

Yeah, its a very sucky bug!

Drives me nuts!

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thanks a lot works great.