Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all, just looking for some info about BF and bf2 series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, just looking for some info about BF and bf2 series.

I was a hardcore bf42 player (wake demo to DC) and did some bf2, probably about 8 months total. Tryed bf2142 when it came out, I didnt mind it but liked bf2 better. I havent played any PC fps for quite awhile. I tryed TF2, buts thats different.

All I ever really wanted was BF42 on the bf2 engine, lol.

Anyways, I am desperately seeking a FPS for the PC as I hate FPS on the 360. Whats the state of the game and the BF series in general?

I probabaly cant even find my discs so am wondering if its worth it to go buy a cdouple more, or is there a new BF coming out soon? Are there a lot of cheaters or exploiters? Any other good FPS thats are just out or coming out?

I just want a WW2 or modern realistic sim.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Hey all, just looking for some info about BF and bf2 series.

Originally posted by Savethehumans View Post
    I probabaly cant even find my discs so am wondering if its worth it to go buy a cdouple more, or is there a new BF coming out soon? Are there a lot of cheaters or exploiters? Any other good FPS thats are just out or coming out?
    In order
    1. If you like Battlefield, then yes, the regular BF2 disk is only $10 now anyway
    2. No Battlefield for the PC apart from BF: Heroes (a completely different type of game) has been officially announced
    3. There are still quite a few, but not enough to ruin the experience for you. On a well adminned server they are pretty rare.
    4. There are quite a few, but none that really rival BF2 for multiplayer (in my opinion). COD4 comes close, but doesn't have much variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
      In order
      1. If you like Battlefield, then yes, the regular BF2 disk is only $10 now anyway
      2. No Battlefield for the PC apart from BF: Heroes (a completely different type of game) has been officially announced
      3. There are still quite a few, but not enough to ruin the experience for you. On a well adminned server they are pretty rare.
      4. There are quite a few, but none that really rival BF2 for multiplayer (in my opinion). COD4 comes close, but doesn't have much variety.
      I actually got bored of COD4 for the 360, so got it for the pc, thinking it would be deeper, but it just isnt as dynamic and extensive as BF.

Thanks, I wonder how bf2 will pla on my 30inch monitor at 2560x1600.

Comment

To be honest I think CoD4 is king of the hill for MP. But it doesn't have the variety of vehicles (because it doesn't have any) that BF has. But I've played battlefield since '42 and CoD4 is worth every one of my little English pennies. Pure ground pounding.

But if CoD4 isn't for you then get BF2:AIX. AIX brings BF2 to what it should be, damage is more CoD4 like unlike the arcade crap BF2 has been patched into today and obviously it still has that large variety of vehicles (oh and pickups).

Comment

If you want a WW2 experience on the BF2 engine, look up the Forgotten Hope 2 mod.

Forgotten Hope 2 is an award-winning World War II modification for Battlefield 2TM and is based on the original Forgotten Hope, a modification for Battlefield 1942TM, one of the most popular multiplayer games ever. Battlefield 1942TM featured land, sea...

Comment

Lets not forget other great mods, such as:

Allied Intent, AIX 1.0 + 1,2,3 map packs in addition to loads of player content
            Project Reality, tac. sim.
            POE2
            Sandbox

and

First Strike, starwars mod running on BF2142 engine (refractor 2 modified)

Comment

I just want a WW2 or modern realistic sim.

Thanks in Advance.

Very cheap, has the best balance between realism and fun/arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                http://www.redorchestragame.com/

Very cheap, has the best balance between realism and fun/arcade.
                I actually have this game but it seemed like not many people were playing it. I did reinstall it 2 days ago and fired it up, but couldnt find any online servers, so I didnt think anyone played it. Maybe it was network or firewall issues.

FH for bf42 was great...I think I will give some of these mods a try. Wasnt there a star wars mod (storm front?) or something before but got shutdown for copyright issues?

Well it looks like I already own the 3 best MP FPS games, so I guess I will start installing them and try them out.

Comment

STH....
                  I would definitely get BF2 again. I just came back to it about 4 months ago after playing 2142 for almost a year. 2142 was great skill building practice for me, but it got tiring and too easy for me. And the thing that cinched it for me was finding my "lost" SF disc. (It was in a clothes drawer, and don't have any clue how it got there. ) I'm lovin' the SF maps more than vanilla.
                  And I'm still getting over 300 populated servers everytime I log on. Actually 200, after you remove the 100 Karkand servers.
                  So I say go for it.

Comment

I actually have this game but it seemed like not many people were playing it. I did reinstall it 2 days ago and fired it up, but couldnt find any online servers, so I didnt think anyone played it. Maybe it was network or firewall issues.
                    Must be a firewall issue or something, I see lots of people online now.

Comment

I haven't really seen any groundbreaking mods for BF2 like there were for BF1942, ie. Desert Combat, Forgotten Hope, etc...

Also, has anyone else tried World at War? The addition of vehicles that they were bragging about turned out to be pretty ****ty. I liked Call of Duty 4 for PC, but I won't be getting WaW, hell, the vehicle play in BF2 is 100 times better than that in WaW.

Comment

Working...
                      X