Bind Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bind Help.

Heres what I want to do. As of right now I have my mouse wheel up bound to "switch weapon". I want to set it to my main weapon only, not toggling between pistol and main. Is this possible? Reason i want to change it is because sometimes in the heat of the moment I want to switch weapons quick and end up scrolling the wheel too far and it doesn't switch. Its the same thing as if I had a key bound to it and kept pressing it twice. Weapon doesn't switch, thus me dying. Any help?

Re: Bind Help.

Not too many people on this forum eh? Thanks anyways guys.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure if it is possible... I could try figure out a way... but basically you'd bind wheelup and wheeldown to set a dvar that I would create in the bind (vstr somedvar)

I'm sure there is a bind for weaponslot 1 and weaponslot 2... I'll have to look at it later (maybe tomorrow or something when I'm less busy)

Comment

Ya I don't want to make anything where PB may kick me for it. I tried to do /bind x "mwheelup weaponbank 3" however weaponbank is unknown command. So I guess it boils down to "what is the command to bring out your main gun" Currently its "weapnext" which is not what I want.

Comment

Damn there is no +weaponslot command... so instead I've created another way...

This isn't the best way, I could try using wait instead but that may freeze you... the script is only good if you happen to accidently scroll up twice most of the time... I wouldn't really recommend it, but maybe it helps you.

Ok first off, lets open up your config_mp.cfg -> Located in one of the following places:
          • Vista:
            DriverLetter(Local Disk):\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\
          • For Vista 64 bit:
            DriverLetter:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\
          • Default being (Windows XP):
            DriverLetter:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\

Default:
          C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\

Open the file in WordPad (or another text program, Notepad works but WordPad is better for this) now add the script above the "// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify" line (or inbetween that line and unbindall line).

In my config I just replaced the "// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify" line with the script:

Code:
          // Weapon Switch Script By *=DaN=*
          seta switch_weapon_on "weapnext; seta switch_weapon vstr switch_weapon_off"
          seta switch_weapon_off "seta switch_weapon vstr switch_weapon_on"
          seta switch_weapon "vstr switch_weapon_on"
          Then just edit the MWHEELUP and MWHEELDOWN commands, or just MWHEELUP if you happen to use MWHEELDOWN for something else:

Code:
          bind MWHEELDOWN "vstr switch_weapon"
          bind MWHEELUP "vstr switch_weapon"
          Basically what the script does: If you scroll up once, you will switch weapon, if you scroll up again you won't be able to switch weapon, but if you scroll up once more, you will be able to switch the weapon. It should help prevent switching the weapon from Primary to Secondary then Primary again 'too fast' e.g. when you try to pull out the pistol but end up with the same weapon again... I haven't tried it yet, it should work fine, and it won't get you kicked from PB...

Comment

Ok. I'll try it out. So if I scrolled 3 times, it would be still the primary weapon right? Now will down switch to secondary? Basically what I want is up for primary and down for secondary.

Ok that worked however because of the scroll, I still scroll sometimes 4 or 5 times cause I just roll it up fast. Can it be set to a higher number say like 5 before it switches or will that affect my secondary when I scroll down?

Comment

Hmm I could do that too...

Put this in your config, replace the other weapon switch code:

Code:
              // Longer Weapon Switch Script By *=DaN=*
              seta switch_weapon_1 "weapnext; seta switch_weapon vstr switch_weapon_2"
              seta switch_weapon_2 "seta switch_weapon vstr switch_weapon_3"
              seta switch_weapon_3 "seta switch_weapon vstr switch_weapon_4"
              seta switch_weapon_4 "seta switch_weapon vstr switch_weapon_1"
              seta switch_weapon "vstr switch_weapon_1"
              Then bind the MWHEELUP or DOWN:

Code:
              bind MWHEELDOWN "vstr switch_weapon"
              bind MWHEELUP "vstr switch_weapon"
              I could add more, or even get a bit more advanced by having MWHEELUP use the above script, but MWHEELDOWN using the first script, but having them both 'linked' in a way so that they kind of 'reset' each other...

I could try a "wait 30" but that doesn't really stop you from scrolling too far...

Code:
              // Simple Wait, Weapon Switch By *=DaN=*
              seta switch_weapon_now "weapnext; seta switch_weapon_wait vstr switch_weapon_soon"
              seta switch_weapon_soon "wait 30; seta switch_weapon_wait vstr switch_weapon_now"
              seta switch_weapon_wait "vstr switch_weapon_now"
              Then you could bind:

Code:
              bind MWHEELDOWN "vstr switch_weapon_wait"
              bind MWHEELUP "vstr switch_weapon_wait"
              and if the "wait 30" works good but the timing is a little off, you can just adjust that to 40 or 50 or 20 or whatever... although I think it may freeze you from movement (it won't freeze the x-hair, but you wouldn't be able to walk forward etc.)

Just wondering, but couldn't you just get a new mouse OR change the scroll amount in the Control Panel > Mouse settings (not inside the game, Start taskbar > Control Panel > Mouse > Wheel) -> Although I don't think you can use a negative number, as it says 'roll the wheel one notch to scroll this amount of lines' - mine is set to 3, so it only scrolls 3 lines in say Word, or Firefox etc.

Comment

I have the scroll set to lowest it will go.lol I had a new mouse but didn't like it so I sold it. I can't seem to let go of this mouse I have now cause it works awesome besides the scroll thing. I suppose I could always change my binds too, but I don't really want to learn a new cfg. I will post back with results. Really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Thanks alot.

**EDIT**
                Ok. That seems to work alot better. I will go try it out on some pubs. I will report back. Again thanks.

Comment

Works great. Only thing sometimes if I'm not in a fight, I'm easier on the scroll and I end up having to do it a couple times.lol Other then that, awesome.

Comment

Kool, like I said I could make it so that Wheel Up takes like 3/4 scrolls before a weapon switch, and wheel down would be a direct switch... if you want?

Comment

Nah its cool the way it is. Thanks again man.

Comment

Some good suggestions, well shared.

Comment

Working...
                        X