Air Defense Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Defense Gold

Is it still possible to get this thing? It's hard enough to get 1 Clear skies pin, but to get 3 in 1 round it just seems impossible to me. Any tips?

I know all about the using the bottom titan guns and switching to the AA guns. The most kills i have gotten using that method is 15

Re: Air Defense Gold

Quickly like that, all I see as the winning conditions are these:

-Camp Gib
    -You're playing EU
    -You camp the harbor with the Riesig
    -The enemy team is exclusively composed of front-rushing n00bs
    -The enemy team does not have a commander

Comment

Walker AA guns count.

Comment

it's pretty much impossible unless you're good from the walker 2nd seat. it's really one of the awards that keep people from completing all of them.

from what i know, most people get it on camp-G having someone they know pilot the walker for them and get the AA gunner easy kills.

you still need everything to go right to get it, pretty much a perfect round from the AA seat with perfect variables.

when i got it, there was this one idiot who kept running towards the walker. i probably killed him 20 times alone.

Comment

Oh yeah, never thought about the walker seat. I can't even get 30 kills on the walker, so to get them on the 2nd seat having no control when i have a target will be hard

Comment

Well it worked for me on Cerbere. Standing in front of the church with a good Walker pilot and lotsa noobs running around made it easy. Kept my eye on the Rorsch and bailed out once to knife a recon trying to use his RDX.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tfodder View Post
              Well it worked for me on Cerbere. Standing in front of the church with a good Walker pilot and lotsa noobs running around made it easy. Kept my eye on the Rorsch and bailed out once to knife a recon trying to use his RDX.
              and you got back in the walker to get the gold? that's pretty awesome, especially if you just got out to knife him and get back and pwn like business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tfodder View Post
                Kept my eye on the Rorsch and bailed out once to knife a recon trying to use his RDX.
                LOL. "can't you see i'm trying to earn a gold badge over here? where do you get off trying to stop me. I STAB YOU!!!" that's just funny to me:laugh:

Comment

It's absolutely possible; but you need an awesome Walker driver and hopefully the other team commander is your friend as well.

I was the commander of the other team and my clanmate asked me to not orbital him so he can get his walker AA defence gold. I agreed to it and yeah; He got it and he thanked me so much for it lol. Although I did get 4 mutiny calls for not orbitaling their walker...

Another way is go on Titan move server and sit in the Titan guns as watch the enemy gunship or transports take off.

Nothing is impossible; just need a bit of luck and timing.

Comment

you might want to ask ghib if he's still around. he tried couple times trying to pilot the walker for me but i stunk up the joint and didn't get it. at least he knows what it takes to get that medal.

i eventually got it of course.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle
                      LOL. "can't you see i'm trying to earn a gold badge over here? where do you get off trying to stop me. I STAB YOU!!!" that's just funny to me:laugh:
                      LOLZ. Actually when I'm in the 2nd seat I make it a habit of looking in the opposite direction of the pilot, so usually I cover the rear/sides/air. I amazed how many ppl run over from behind thinking them guys don't see me. I have to get out as they're under the line of fire (don't have VOIP so can't warn the pilot to back off) which they don't expect so no big deal.

Having said that, I'm also amazed how many Walker crews don't bother to watch their 6's when I'm run up to them from behind with my RDX.

Comment

New question, do APCs count towards as "Armor" kills? Or are those just tank and walker kills

Comment

depends. if it's time counting towards the medal and badge, yes it counts. for IAR kill requirments for armor medal and badge, no it doesn't. you need to use tank/walker for that.

Comment

Crap, i'm up for my Gold Badge and i don't w#ore the walker or tank that much. Probly try it in a long Tampa Round. I'm still about 2000 kills short of the armor medal

Comment

Hi Quemical,

For Air Defense gold, walker is the only way I can see that working, and as Minmaster says, you need a good walker pilot who won't shoot at anything other than armour. I have never even been close, have more or less given up on it.

For Armor, play Suez 64-player, and play as PAC. Spawn in the southern base so you can get a hover tank. Head towards the Dry Lake base, where you will find usually 6 or more guys defending it, including one guy in the railgun guaranteed. You can hit him quite easily at a much greater distance than he can hit you since you can move side to side. Then just moving sideways picking off targets, letting them respawn. You can pretty easily outmaneuver Engineers firing at you because of the distance. I wracked up 33 kills in armour that way, although I didn't have the globals (time in tank) to get the badge.

DD.

Comment

Working...
                              X