Reccomend me a mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomend me a mod.

Hey guys, I've been out of the BF2 world for a while now. I want to know how much it's changed. Could you guys help me find a mod I would like most? I know I can only truly find out myself but to download them all would mean spending a week solid downloading.

So! What I like:
    • Realistic(ish)
    • Good development (geomety/textures of high quality)
    • Lag free (as much as possible with this engine)
    • Hardcore... Unlike the BF2 of today, I want people to die when I shoot them... Not the arcade crap it has become today.
    • Balanced.
    • Safe. Don't find a lot of hackers or script kiddies on it.
    • Original. Can play for hours.

What I don't like:
    • Way out accuracy... Your gun may aswell be held by a child rather than a trained soldier with the wild inaccurate spread you get.
    • Researchless (not a real word I know). I don't want to play a mod where some guns are god and others stupidly useless (entire mag to kill). God guns are BAD.
    • Unbalanced.
    • Gets old quick.

Any good suggestions, fire away

Re: Reccomend me a mod.

PR and FH2 meet most of thous points,

other mods that dont meet most of thous points but some: POE2, OPK2, USI, BGF.

Really there is too many mods out there to list them all off the top of your head, just try them all, it aint like they cost loads of money each

Comment

lol I'da guessed you'd vote PR Rhino

I ain't tried FH2 so I'm probably gonna try PR and FH2...

Anyway keep the suggestions coming

Comment

PR, and FH

There is a tiny mod that just change the stats of gun on bf2, to make them more realistic, it is called HER

Comment

FH2, AIX

Great mods both of them. AIX is moderately fun just with bots if you can't find a good server.

Comment

AIX is a grate mod but not what Mavrik347 is looking for from his list?

Comment

You want realism and balance on your list.
              Let me say one thing about this: impossible.
              But following the other points of your list you would love Forgotten Hope 2 and Project Reality.
              Forgotten Hope, Forgotten Hope 2, FH, FH2, Battlefield 2, BF2, Battlefield 1942, BF42, Game, Mod, Military, War, World War, World War 2, Battle, Operation, Germany, America, Russia, Japan, France, Poland, Canada, News

Comment

lol LordInvictus, but you can always try.

I like AIX actually, great hardcore quality. Although the "Lag Free" bit goes out the window if I get in an Apache. Think that's a bug though. Some of the hand weapons could do with a polish but now I'm just nit picking.

Gonna download PR and FH2 now. Ain't played PR in a long time now Rhino, should be good to see how you guys got on.

Comment

try them all , there are free

Comment

Downloading isn't.
                    Not everyone has super internet
                    Don't know what internet Mavrik got.

Comment

Don't make me tell you. I'll cry.

Rhino you probably know by now I fully respect what you do in the mod world but PR is definitely not for me. Let's leave it at that lol.

Comment

FH2 is less realism. Maybe that fits more. If you don't like 1 shot 1 kill then I wouldn't try it. Since all rifles are 1 shot 1 kill.

Comment

No mate it's not that, I liked that part of it. Just didn't like the level design :/ I kept spawning in a cave with no exits. I guess it had to be blown into. Oh and there was a hole in the ground/map I fell in and couldn't get out so I had to suicide and wait 2 mins to spawn Never even got a chance to adapt and get used to it. Spent literally my first 45 mins trying to spawn in the open but not on the front line. Then on another server I was in a 4 hour round lol. Lagged on the runway and lost the plane and had to wait some ludicrous amount of time to get a second chance.

It's obviously a good mod as so many people play it but just not for me, it doesn't seem to like its new players.

Comment

there is a way out you just need to look for them

read the manual, you wont get anywhere with PR without reading the manual. you can't play PR like BF2, you will just die or will get lost, then die.

Comment

And a manual to Forgotten Hope 2. In video
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5Y5kybSQI&feature=related[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cor8jTBAdLw&feature=related[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsA7ELESF8&feature=related[/media]
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCGSpVhI9sM&feature=related[/media]

Actually quite fun to watch with the animated officer and real British voice

Comment

Working...
                              X