Low Frame rate issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Frame rate issue

Hi i get 20 or below fps on uk servers just wondering if anyone had any ideas why iam getting such low fps in game,set video settings all to low turned aa off and still same i havent got any other programs running in background also had a few times where game is redoing video settings then game crashers to desktop;-(

specs are
    Intel Q6600 not overclocked
    geforce 8800gtx 768mb
    2gb ram
    windows xp

let me know if you need any adational specs

sorry if i posted this in wrong forum

Re: Low Frame rate issue

what setting do you run at? and what size of servers do you play at?

Comment

raise all your settings to high. your hardware is good enough to run the game maxed out and using low settings will actually slow down the game on your system because it will prefer to run in non-hardware accelerated modes.

i have almost the same system as you except mine is just a plain 8800gt 512 but i run it at highest settings on 1920x1200 with good fps. (50+)

Comment

i have everything on max apart from aa which is turned off, usually play on 32 player maps sometimes 64 player map. yeah my monitor supports 1920x1200 but ussualy have it at 1600x1200 as i havent added widescreen line to shortcut since i reinstalled game

Comment

Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card lately?

Try deleting your cashe and see if that helps. You should be getting way more fps with those specs.

p.s. This should of been posted in the Support Section.

Comment

hmm i have a very similar rig, same Graphics card, same Ram etc

But i can get 200+ FPS, you dont need to turn your graphics up as previously said as it makes no difference, or nothing as dramatic as what your experiencing, and the same with the drivers, my drivers are from 2006, which is older than the card itself lol...

Is it only 2142 your having this problem?

Comment

How can you get 200+ fps in battlefield as i get a maximum of 99,9 with every setting on maximum?

My system:

Q9550 quad core 4 Ghz
              4 gig ram
              P5q Pro Retail motherboard
              9800 GTX 512 mb
              Windows xp pro

Comment

You can unlock your FPS I believe, through the console.

But most monitors doesn't have a refresh ratio higher than 60 Hz so you can't see a big difference between 100 and 200 FPS anyway

Comment

yea go into console and type "game.lockfps 999" that will lock it at 999 and it will show you your overall FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazanelli
                    Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card lately?

Try deleting your cashe and see if that helps. You should be getting way more fps with those specs.

p.s. This should of been posted in the Support Section.
                    yeah iam using latest drivers i get 50fps and up on usa servers but on uk servers i get 20 when really i should get 50 and above as iam from uk will try some more games out played stalker clear sky but fps on that is over 100
                    i ahve also cleared catch also uninstalled bf2142 and reinstalled it patched in the right order etc would if make a diffrence if iam using a pci-e splitter would that effect anything i got a new 1100w power supply which has 2 p[ci-e cables and new case with bigger fans anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel
                      yea go into console and type "game.lockfps 999" that will lock it at 999 and it will show you your overall FPS.
                      game.lockfps 0 for unlimited FPS

Comment

Can More rams help you get a better FPS? Is 50 FPS considered like a good standard FPS?

Comment

Yes 1 addition DDR 400 PC3200 1 GB ram gave me 15 more fraps and generally more smoothly and less choppy in gunfights.

I m a pilot and i consider 60+ FPS is excellent; so my range is 50+ fps is decent fps.

Lighting and Anti-Alias takes a lot of FPS; so does dynamic shadow; texture filtering and lighting.

Comment

Well, over 60 FPS its been proven in studies that people generally won't notice any change to say 120 FPS.

While really high FPS's are nice, in reality anything over 30 is acceptable and anything over 50-60 is ideal.

Plus, if you live in the US, you shouldn't be expecting too much from UK servers.

Also, you cannot compare the FPS in two different games. You just can't. There are so many different variables that its impossible to decide anything. Different server location, different map, different system requirements, different gfx settings, etc.

Comment

i agree with eze your rig should be smoking 2142 ... im not sure whats going on here something is deffinitely strange especially if you say you get different fps on servers in different countries . what do you get in single player which is local?

Comment

Working...
                              X