Prestige Medals leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prestige Medals leaked

Not earth-shattering news, but it looks like someone leaked what the Prestige medals/icons look like in COD:WW...

Someone asked a dev if these were accurate and his response was:

Those look right. I'm not in the office right now, so I can't double check. How anyone got those images, I'll never know and probably don't want to know.
    - David "Vahn" Vonderhaar

Re: Prestige Medals leaked

I really wish they would've just given us 10 custom classes to start with (or better yet, just let us change our stuff like mods allow). This is really going to be a PITA unless there's another shipment type map that we can spam with 40+ people.

Comment

I think it's a good thing, overall. There's lots of PC users who enjoy ranking up, and many wished it didn't stop at lvl 55 in COD4. Treyarch wanted there to be some incentive and reward for people who Prestiged this time, instead of just a lousy icon, so they added the extra Create-a-Class slots. Why not give those dedicated players a bit of a reward?

Personally, I don't know if the extra slots are worth it to me. Maybe I'll decide to Prestige a few times, and unlock just a couple of extra slots, not all 5 more. If I remember correctly, you get 1 slot unlocked at each of Prestige #1, 2, 4, 7 & 10. Then again, maybe I'll just make do with the 5 original ones, which wasn't too bad in COD4. I guess I'll see how things go when I have the full game.

Don't forget though, you also get XP now through co-op mode. So if you like playing that with your buddies, along with MP, you'll probably rank up quicker than you thought (especially if you get XP for some nasty zombie-killing action too! ).

I think the pro's outweigh the con's. Nothing wrong with a little extra challenge and hard work.

Comment

I think i will prestige maybe twice to unlock a couple of extra slots as they would be handy.

Comment

You can always run an SD server with unlimited lives, you'll get +50 per kill that way... and set the plant time to say 30 seconds, and defuse time to 30, then round time to 20 minutes, and bomb time to 600 seconds... then no one will be able to plant, and if they do, it'll take awhilst to blow up... and the server stays ranked... (unless they change this for the retail)

Comment

Good, i wanna do that unlimited lives thing, get my rank before ppl are already done with the 4th prestige this time. This way also i will have some incentive to keep playing on the PC, it got boring waiting for decent mods. Why they have to wip up these intricate medals idk, just use a metal from that time period, or let us pick our favorite rank image. I dont particularly like the prestige icons. For COD4, so i didnt do it (xbox). I know for a fact the germans had some usable ones. Americans didnt have much fancy but you could figure one out.

Comment

^ I'm not sure about the COD:WW ones, but apparently some (if not all) of the COD4 Prestige icons were based on actual medals (some of which were ugly as sin, IMO). I think the ones above look better than the COD4 ones, TBH.

Comment

I heard that also, but from my studies i dont remember seeing those, at least in american medals, but there is a large chance i could be wrong. I showed one of my friends those icons, and he fliped his lid, he was happy. So thanks for the find.

Comment

You can take your time getting these ranks...

Comment

Just FYI, they're in iw_01 if you want to have a look yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by evant3k
                      You can take your time getting these ranks...
                      For me it takes way to long to rank up, idk why. By the 4th day im sure there is going to be 40-65 ppl, which just feeds into peoples urges to play the game and achieve that. Im sure i'll prestige maybe once or twice, but after going through it all on the 360 im sure im not going to be that patient going through things again on the PC, if i get it for the pc, and thats where the cfg changes come in handy to have a 50 pt per kill TDM essentially. If and when i come in on the pc im sure there is going to be the "10-65's" as my friends call them, the 10th prestige lvl 65 people who thing they own the world because they have no life and get that far in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Silenthunter8 View Post
                        For me it takes way to long to rank up, idk why.
                        Do you play mostly TDM? If so, that's why. There are way more XP points available in objective game-types (DOM, SAB, HQ, CTF, WAR, S&D) than in TDM or FFA. You can easily get over 500-1000XP (that's the low end) per game playing those objective games. If you enjoy them, try putting more focus on them in COD:WW. CTF & WAR are "new", so there's some incentive to try them.

And again, now there is also XP available in Co-Op play, so if you like that, round up your buddies and go to town on that together.

One last thing, just keep a piece of paper by the PC and make a note of what Challenges you should be working on, as there are some easy points up for grabs (ie. remind yourself to take more prone/crouching shots, to fall to your death at least once, fall & survive, to grab new weapons when they are unlocked and go for the easy 25 kills/100XP, to play the obj matches more as above (lots of challenges & XP for those), etc).

If you're smart, and plan just a little bit, you can often kill 2 or more birds with one stone by completing challenges/unlocks while in the obj modes, and thus speed up your progress.

Comment

I do play TDM because i generally suck pretty bad at SD, although i play it alot w/ friends on xbox and once i get into an established Clan/Unit. And i do try to plan somewhat w/ challenges so i can pick up those points w/ my TDM.

Comment

Guys, these things are supposed to take a long time to get. Its supposed to keep you playing...

Comment

I just saw someone in game with the 10th one.

Comment

Working...
                              X